1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] The Irritation Game: How James Harden and the Rockets Undid LeBron and the Cavs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Omer, Mar 2, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

it can very much be debated you don't trade harden for any of them at this point

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I see your point, but still Hubie Brown sounded like a total Cavaliers fan in the broadcast on Sunday, as much as Matt Bullard sounds like a Rockets fan on home broadcasts.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Considering age, I would not trade Harden for Lebron. Durant and Davis I'd consider it, but both of those players are proving to be insanely injury prone, while Harden's a tank. The best ability is availability. I also just, as a fan, like Harden at this point. Hope he retires a Rocket.

4. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Forget about trading for them, if you were just going to rank who is the better player, will you put Harden ahead of those guys?

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

The rockets don't fit the narrative the media has been selling for the last few years. There are also a considerable group of folks who seem to really resent the idea that basketball can be broken apart and analyzed to an advantage with statistics.

That's really all there is to say about the basketball media and the rockets these days.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

both durant and davis are injured right now, so yes at the moment harden >. actually not even sure why davis is in the same conversation as them also. he has yet to prove anything significant besides flash potential but continues to get injured every year so far.

7. Chucky_Brown

Chucky_Brown Member

In fairness, most narratives shouldn't be written with the subject's consent. Usually the subjects themselves (yes, including us Rockets fans) aren't reliable sources of even their own stories. Sometimes, especially so.

But that doesn't mean they're always right. I don't think they are with the Rockets, befuddlingly so.

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

they don't like beverley (side note, he's like the grown up pro athlete version of that kid who kept doing the "i'm not touching you" thing lol)...they don't like dwight....they don't like harden/moreyball...probably think josh smith is a punk...terry old punk....kevin mchale was a straight b*stard in the day...

....and?

And we've got the 3rd best record in the league. like it or lump it, this is one of the best basketball teams on the planet. like it or lump it hell i don't care but at the very least RESPECT it. they ain't bowing to no man.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Why trade Harden, when you can keep Harden and also lure Durant?

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Too many people are developing this ailment of thinking they can lure the best player in the game to make it easier to swallow that they will be forfeiting the next couple of seasons.

12. a711

a711 Member

There's dumb, there's dumber, and then there is LPH

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

every time I read grantland, I end up thinking: "what a waste of time." these writers need to grow up, seriously.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What he said wasn't untrue.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

It is pretty ridiculous if he is referring to the Rockets, but granted that's not really clear from his post.

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Preserving cap flexibility for a pipe dream like signing Durant while you could be putting your team in the best position to win at the moment? Please, explain how there are any holes in my logic. You go out and you spend for a contending team according to the FO, so if they think are going to preserve their cap space for someone like Durant, and won't be spending on other impact players, that ultimately means they don't think they are contending team if they don't have him. Look no further than this off-season if you want evidence of this, back when I said the same exact thing.

Apparently James Harden busting his ass off everynight is not good enough for some help. Lebron, Durant, Davis, or the android players they will have in 2090 are worth keeping the flexibility for.

17. seeingred

seeingred Member

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...or more recently the Heat - until they won a title and everyone acted like no one hated the Heat the two years prior.

19. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

20. a711

a711 Member