1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Can you even read? I said Linsanity, the one month in 2012 take the world by storm with Ron Artest acting like a little fans shouting Linsanity watching Lin's final shot in Raptors, with every newspaper reporting the phenomenon, every sport magazine take Lin as cover.

Harden is a better player, no doubt. I like him too. But had he ever brought the same excitement close to Linsanity? Not in the past, not likely in the future. Not even close. This apply to nearly every NBA player. Linsanity is a once in a lifetime phenomenon.

2. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Or they're better for positions that require brute force and strength, not play calling and strategy...or there are just 32 other non-Asians who are better at QB/coach...

Is that racism, or choosing the best person for the job?

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I thought it was common knowledge white people will over rate (and over pay) above average white players.

But we're talking about ****ty sports in a ****ty sports thread, so we don't even have to get into the racism black people face in white collar life with the lingering idea of needing to be twice as good.

#7043 Invisible Fan, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  4. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

The plague continues! Lin fans are a joke

1 person likes this.
  5. calcium

calcium Member

Hard to believe, no?

Would be curious how they appear in real life.

That South Park episode where they are playing WoW comes to mind.
    All are great heroes in WoW. Was a funny ep.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, this took the world by storm

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9bZkp7q19f0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. little_one

little_one Member

Soooo whats lincrazies excuse now for lin perfomance today ?

yesterday he allowed to play "freely" and today he isnt ?

1 person likes this.
  8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

No matter how Lin fans appear in real life, I'm still certain that...

^^^THIS GUY is, by far, the biggest neckbeard on ClutchFans.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lin is beautiful cinderella but its important to realize always b-ball is first with Lin -- much the same as Lin's proclamation of independent, sovereign Taiwan as the true rulers of China.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ok Lin crazies. I gave you one good game to let it out of your system.

Granted it was against a pathetic Celtics team with zero interior defense. However, since you guys have had pretty much nothing to cheer about this entire season, I went easy on you all.

Break time is up now and I have returned with the truth hammer once again.

Lakers played jazz today. No ghost defense of Celtics.

Jeremy Lin 3-12 for the night. Meanwhile rookie Jordan Clarkson 10-16 for 22 points and led the Lakers to a win.

Special neoto-stat-line for krxsnoopy, Lin with the lowest +/- on the entire team. personally I dont care too much about +/- stat but I am throwing this little gem in snoopy's direction because he once bragged about Lin having the highest +/- on the team when his +/- was actually 0. *laugh*

We are back on regular schedule so you guys might want to consider.....

[​IMG]

11. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Simply because Dirk is not the 1st European Caucasian great player in this league. Nobody would think that way.

12. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Chinese crazy Yao fans(including me) also blame racism against Yao from the refs.

The only different for all your LOFH is... Yao is a superstar...and Lin is just a role player.

13. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

fixed

14. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

1) Look... b-ball and Cinderella are equally important for me. And it's not like he can't play, right?

2) So tell me why had he come to Mainland, China for 3 straight years? I actually hate the true ruler of Mainland, China but it's not about which country he would like to represent, it's about our blood(Not Japanese, Korean or Vietnamese but Chinese Han).

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Rockets fans hated YoF's too. It was simply that Yao was more than good enough to make most of us tolerate their existence. With Lin, not only was he an incredibly frustrating player to watch, his fans were also making the community miserable.

Don't take this the wrong way, but no one really cares whether or not a Cinderella story is important to you or not, just like how at the end of the day none of us care if you are a fan of Lin, well maybe outside King1 or Tinman. What we do care is when LoF's cross the line and take a **** on our forums, on the players, on the coaches, on the front office, on the local media, on anyone that said anything negative about Lin. That's crossing a line for most of us, including Clutch. Basically, if you like Lin, that's cool. Keep it to yourself and understand this is a site that supports the Houston Rockets, not Jeremy Lin. As long as that's clear, we cool.

16. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

You just pretend he is worse than he is if you treat him like most LOF used to do: an upcoming superstar.

Both of his haters and lovers are building a high bar for Lin to perform and for themselves to argue with each other night-in-night-out. That's unnecessary and laughable imho. Like...

I just finished arguing w/ a crazy LOF on a new J-Lin fans Chinese forum... and he thought Lin isn't way worse than Tony Parker(assuming he is still healthy and young). It's ridiculous even for me, as a huge Lin fan and so called defender of his lame performance.

Well.. I did defend for Lin when he was still a Rocket cuz back then I still thought he could be much better he is right now. I thought he could co-exist well w/ Harden under a better coaching. But I never thought he got the same level of talent as Harden or Tony Parker or any other superstars thou.

17. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

A truth which does not hurt. :eek:

18. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I have been reading this forum for 3 years almost since Lin joined this team for at least 2 hours everyday. So...I knew what happened here and there.

Anyway.. from the beginning I already knew the differences btw a team-first fan and player-first fan very well. I am both a team-first fan(Rockets fan during those 3 yrs after Yao retired, or a soccer fan of A.C. Fiorentina, Italy) and a player-first fan(Tim Duncan, Wang, Bateer, Yao, Yi, etc.).

Talking about the Lin fans... I think any player-first fan group includes some craziness. Like... Do you know Mohamed Salah? His fans from his own country is just as crazy as those Lin fans. They have been saying Salah is better than Messi/Ronaldo though some of them claimed that they were not serious. And they have been dominating our FB(https://www.facebook.com/ACFFiorentina?fref=ts) since their hero joined us...lol...Well I wouldn't complain about that that much cuz I am a Chinese fan who doesn't speak in Italian but there already were some Italian fans complaining abt the Egyptian's domination. Hopefully Salah can keep scoring and those conflicts would ended.

I meant...craziness is everywhere in the world. Even in the NBA. But the media and fans set a very very high bar for Lin to perform and that turns out to be a bad situation for everyone. It's not a miserable if you can simply start to understand that this is just the human nature, though it looks stupid and rude from you standpoint.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

They still need to find an Asian superstar to replace yao ming.

It most definitely is not jeremy lin.

He absolutely lacks the charisma and humor of Yao and of course, is not even in the same playground as yao ming for skill.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

People were doing that gangdam style dance , nobody was doing the jeremy lin, you know jump in the air and pretend you are going to pass the ball