1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reggie Jackson traded to Detroit

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Feb 19, 2015.

1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

He was being selfish and taking all the shots during games while KD, and Wesbrook were injured. I remember Perkins actually had a little argument with him during one game so the rest of his teammates believed he was trying to showcase himself and inflate his numbers for a fat contract.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

RJ turned into a selfish jerk this year and I don't blame the other players on OKC at all. Like KD said, he forced the issue and won. That's all that mattered to the guy.

RJ's "role" was to help the team win, not try and show off what he could do next season elsewhere. It was obvious from watching them he was out of sync with the program. The effort level he showed coming off the bench when WB played vs. starting was classic passive aggressive behavior.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Reggie is an ok PG, but this move is surprising. Augustin is a good player, and Kyle Singler is a good shooter. OKC get an A from me for this move. The Pistons may end up regretting giving Reggie a long term contract.

4. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Thunder have a crazy deep team now.

Westbrook / Augustin
    Roberson / Waiters / Marrow
    Durant / Singler
    Ibaka / Collison
    Adams / Kanter

I hope they stay in that 8th seed. Warriors and Thunder series will turn into a classic. Arguably two of the deepest teams in the West.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And would be nice to have the Warriors pull a 94 Sonics.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Been blessed to be a part of the organization and community and there was nowhere better for me to grow as a player and a man. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThankYouOKC?src=hash">#ThankYouOKC</a></p>&mdash; Reggie Jackson (@rjOKCson_15) <a href="https://twitter.com/rjOKCson_15/status/568558403787710464">February 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

just damage control, he hated OKC lol

8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

OKC definitely upgraded their roster more than any other team... kanter is a starting center talent and DJA is a borderline starting PG.

nice moves.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Anyone else interested to see how the "chemistry" between Jennings and Reggie works? LOL I am ready to grab the popcorn.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

When somebody sheds tears of joy to move to Detroit, you know he must have despised OKC.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

From ESPN:

Two days before the Thunder's season opener in Portland, Jackson sprained his ankle and missed the team's first two games. In their third game, the Nov. 1 home opener against the Nuggets, Jackson was cleared to play, but according to a source, refused to because of disappointment that he wasn't traded before the Oct. 31 extension deadline for first-round picks entering their fourth season, like Harden before him. Jackson spoke at shootaround that morning, coyly saying he probably wouldn't play that night. Immediately after finishing his session, he grabbed a ball and threw down an impressive drop-step windmill dunk -- in front of reporters and his teammates. Remember: This was when the Thunder were piecing together a roster without Durant and Westbrook, and only had eight active players available.

The cliquish aspect was impossible not to notice. Jackson, Perry Jones and Jeremy Lamb all had lockers together on one side; Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka were on the other. Jackson, Lamb and Jones are close, shooting pregame together and often leaving the arena together. All three had also fallen out of favor with Brooks.
    When the Thunder acquired Waiters, his locker was initially placed next to Jackson's, alongside Lamb and Jones. He spent two games in that location before Durant and Westbrook requested he be moved across to the other side, next to them. The official reason was said to be for integration purposes, to help Waiters get to know the team's leaders and learn from them. But it's hard not to see it as an attempt to move him away from one clique and into another.

12. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

dont forget mitch mcgary who has been playing well recently

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This reads like pure dramatic conjecture. I hope this isn't true. This is high-school level behavior from all parties.

14. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I agree. Singler along with DJ and Kanter thats a lot of help if chemistry is right. They also get a first rounder I believe and I give them an A as well.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not sure about how much McGary will contribute this season but long term he has more upside than either Steven Adams or Enes Kanter.

16. NotChandlerParsons

17. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

one of them prob gets traded, my money is on Jennings cuz he'll be expiring next year

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

B Jennings Morey lets go.

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Woj's article...geessh, this dude Shmurda REALLY wanted to get the hell out of OKC

20. i3artow i3aller

ESPN article puts Perry Jones III's last instagram post into perspective.

[​IMG]

:rolleyes: