1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Pablo Prigioni for Alexey Shved, two second rounders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 19, 2015.

?

Do you like the trade of Alexey Shved and two second round picks for Pablo Prigioni?

1. YES

194 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. NO

173 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. s.b713

s.b713 Member

I don't like this trade i think we should've pursued a better/younger PG or stand pat. I am fine with KJ, Hopefully Pablo proves me wrong.

2. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

Seriously?! Please tell me your being sarcastic!

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I believe we would have owed Shved 4 million if he was on our roster going into next season.

Basically a salary dump move on our part.

And Also the two 2nd rounders should be pretty low in the 2nd round... we still should have our own to work with if we're spending those of the Wolves or the Knicks own picks.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Just an awful deal here, just miffed at this one. He's not even better than Shved who is trash, and we gave up two draft pics? We gave up way too much. Extremely disappointed.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Trash? In his one playoff series with the Knicks two years ago, he shot 43% from downtown on 30 attempts. Last season the guy shot 47% from the corner. I think he's going to be a nice addition. Not going to set the world on fire, but not trash, either.

1 person likes this.
  6. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

what is the protection on these picks? I have the feeling they'll be pretty heavily protected

7. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

He can also play defense and distribute. Not flashy at all but effective.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They are all second round picks. If there is any protection, you can knock me over with a feather. :-D-

9. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Morey's big FA acquisition this off season is going to be Ron Jeremy. Book it.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/djH38NreXtU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I was referring to Shved, maybe he's a little better.

My roomates are Knicks fans and I've watched a decent amount of their games. Let's say I'm not impressed with Prigioni.

Don't just look at the stats, Shved had an amazing PER and good stats in Philly, and he sucked.

12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Unlike Ariza, this guy pablo can hit the open shot!

13. cbk41

cbk41 Member

And how does that make Shved a better 3-ball shooter than Prigioni?

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He's 38years old how in the hell can he keep up with the PGs in the West. Oh yeah now we have to deal with DJ and Knight too

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm not really sure how anybody could consider this a bad trade. Did they get Goran Dragic? No, but we never have to see Shved play in garbage time again. That's a win in my book....

1 person likes this.
  16. callmened

callmened Member

im a knicks fan, who has watched pretty much every game Prigoni (aka "Priggy smalls") has played. Despite his age, hes an excellent and quick player. hes a PEST defensively (will always steal an inbounds pass each game) and he gets a lot of steals. Offensively hes a poised intelligent PG who always makes the open pass. he can also knock down 3pters. in fact, knicks fans wished he would SHOOT more (hed oftenget booed for passing up wide open shots).

despite his age, hes a decent back up PG. thats exactly what the rockets needed

1 person likes this.
  17. splendidchen

splendidchen Member

This trade seems ridiculous to me. When I.Thomas is traded for basically a late first rounder, Morey opted for trading 2 second rounders for 37-year old Prigioni.

18. Rocket_Man_2.0

Terrible trade..I hate old players. I know they wanted to trade Shved. But the two 2nd rounders. Too Much.Ugh.:eek:

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Are you talking about Royce White or the draft picks :eek:

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Priggy smalllllls