1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Did We Accomplish Anything With These Moves?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyT43, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

That team isn't good enough to win in 2015 and will likely lose 2 of the last 3 for 2016, so...

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

You really think so? McHale won't play a rook. Who is Pablo taking minutes from?

I bet it's still 8-9 man rotation with terry, brewer, smith, pap as the 3-4 last guys.

3. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

James Harden plays on a team that is 36-17 (in a competitive West conference) and has done nothing but improvement every year since his arrival. Morey maintains future financial flexibility while still continuing to make marginal improvements to the roster (two guys who can now play over two guys that were not getting playing time) AND has added the likes of Josh Smith and Corey Brewer throughout the season.

It is like some posters can't make a real assessment of the situation. Very short minded people

4. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

Clutchfans, always sooo dramatic. Give me at least five other GMs that is better than Morey. These trades was obviously the trades that they wanted but things happen.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People act like we made no moves all year lol.

1 person likes this.
  6. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

The whining on this site is ridiculous

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

He should play in a team like Warriors. Look at LBJ and Durant.

Rox is definitely a first round exit team. MVP should not stay in a team like this.

8. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

But you don't know that for sure do you? It is your prediction. Although I would argue we are a top 5 team IN THE LEAGUE...we apparently have no chance in hell to get past a first round - never mind a Finals huh?

This team has as good a chance as any to make a push for a deep playoff run. We may not be a favorite but no ****ing way are guaranteed an awful playoff appearance.

Stop being so disappointed and cheer them on. The Rockets need you

9. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Harden is doing all the work though, we have an incompetent head coach, and a gm scared to make trades because we have an owner who is cheap

Harden may very well leave if this pattern continues.... people are forgetting harden is playing out of mind too get us to this 36-17 record having to overcome being outschemed and often outcoached everynight( would be criminal if he didnt win the mvp)... but the media espn, tnt keep hyping the splash brothers...

10. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I guess if you have low standards you'll never be disappointed huh?

Don't tell your friends you always had 100% faith in your team when this team goes to the Finals. Might as well say you gave up on them before the playoffs even started.

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I think you give him Papa's minutes which granted can be a little up and down but still enough for the rook playing meaningful games.

If I'm choosing between a crafty passer who can't shoot or defend and has below average NBA athleticism vs a YOUNGER A+ defender who has elite speed and athleticism who can't shoot, I'm taking the younger A+ defender and hoping he develops a shot.

12. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

Wow... Are these facts or just your assumptions?

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Howard is already an overrated injury prone ex-All Star.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Its time to stop posting.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

These 2 trades further proved we have probably the most idiotic fans in the whole league.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yep. Getting back to the elite defense from early in the season is the key to a playoff run this year. Letting the players acquired in December continue to assimilate is going to facilitate that. Making more big changes late in the year is not.

17. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Harden is most certainly doing a lot of the work and contributing to this team's success in ways other players in the league can't match.

Having a 36-17 record (quite respectable) is a result of our team balance and chemistry as well as Harden's heroics. Our team is quite solid. Just not stacked like Golden State but you could argue that the Rockets have more playoff/finals experience than the Warriors

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Non-Rockets fans see these as good moves/fits. You guys were wanting a borderline star like Lawson and set yourselves up for disappointment.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't see how we failed to accomplish anything. The glaring need was a secondary ball-handler/creator. Prigioni is a proven ball-handler/creator -- one who can shoot AND defend. Yes, he's older... but so is Jet, and he contributed more this season than anybody thought when we first acquired him. If nothing else, PP gives you the flexibility of limiting Jet's minutes and keeping him fresh for the post-season and *finally* an option to handle the ball and make plays when Harden isn't on the floor or is being swarmed.

And as someone else wisely pointed out, I don't think people would be nearly as distressed if we'd acquired Prigioni, KJ, Brewer and Smoove for 2nd rounders/non-rotation players today.

20. wadero

wadero Member

With so many young PG being traded today I have to say I am disappointed. Brandon knight,MCW,Dragic and so on and we get a old PG at the cost of 2 seconded picks? Call me a whiners if you want but these moves did not help us. Teams like OKC made moves to Win this year. All we are doing is creating flexibility to sign Durant? He ain't leaving OKC so what does flexibility do for us? Nothing. We needed a back Center (Dorsey ain't the Answer)we need a PG to start over Beverly we did not accomplish either today.We are properly screwed if Dwight doesn't come back