1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did We Accomplish Anything With These Moves?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyT43, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Thanks.

Prefect summary.

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think you make a good point. We still have quality players and picks. It's clear that Morey is not completely in win now mode. He may know more about Dwight's chances to come back this year than has been reported. Without a healthy Dwight the Rockets aren't a favorite to come out of the West, regardless of what trades we could have made today. Morey basically decided it was best to keep his powder dry.

I don't know if our newly acquired players will help us or not. I didn't think Dragic was going to be as good as he was the when we traded for him a few years ago. I also didn't think that Jason Terry would be of any use to us when we acquired him. So, maybe we will have a pleasant surprise.

3. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

Yep. Still 1st round exit w or w/o healthy Dwight. Still Harden is not getting younger.

Oh, wait, we are a big palyer for 2016, ummm or for 2018. Wait, 2022 here we come.

Thanks MOFs, as long as you buy tickets, Le$$ and More(y) result will be the same.

4. Mr. Clutch

You forgot to say McFail

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

Yall act like this roster isn't ALREADY stacked with talent!!

HARDEN
    HOWARD
    J SMITH
    MOTIEJUNAS
    T JONES
    C BREWER
    ARIZA
    BEVERLEY
    TERRY

Just picked up super freak KJ MCDANIELS

Boy, this playoffs is gonna be one he'll of a tournament with this squad!!

1 person likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

how much $ did we save with these moves today? waiting for capologists to chime in..

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You and a lot of the others who are certain we can't beat anyone are in line to make a killing in Vegas once the playoffs start.

Liquidate all your assets everybody. Houston losing in the first round is a got damn guarantee to make you rich.

8. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Why would we had to blow up the team? Dragic cost 2017 & 2019 1st round protected picks. That is essentially nothing to try and contend now.

9. Mr. Clutch

It was a 3 way trade and and the Suns got Knight.

Weren't gonna beat that without blowing up the team

10. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

not even close. the rockets are one of the weakest playoff teams in the west after the recent trades

11. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Didn't Morey say something like the rockets would be significantly better going into the playoffs this season than they were last season. Yeah, I'm not buying that now.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Pretty much. KJ's deal expires this summer. Pepperoni's is up after next year. And we shed a bunch of 2nd rounders, so that's less salary to worry about. It looks like Morey and Les are trying to maintain that precious "flexibility".

I swear though if they let Smith and Brewer walk this summer just to save cap space for 2016, I'm done with this organization.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We traded players that don't contribute to players that might.

I see no problem with this. Morey isn't giving up DMO and I'm glad he didn't.

14. Mr. Clutch

Smith and Brewer already made them better

15. sabesque

sabesque Member

We likely now have a true PG running our second unit offense, and Terry can slide into a true SG role.

James Harden running the offense is fine because he's James Harden. The second unit probably needs a real point guard.

16. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I cant wait for the flip flopping of people's opinions the first time Mcdaniels swats someone or throws down an alley oop while running and gunning with the second team.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Morey has built a great roster, but him not getting Harden help will hurt us in the playoffs. The balance of the roster is not what it needs to be, especially compared to other teams in the West.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

A third string 37 year old PG and a pretty raw wing? I am sure we must accomplish something, bargains that look smart on paper.

Sigh, what the bleep is Morey trying to achieve in the bigger picture?

19. Mr. Clutch

Keep the core team and gain a little flexibility

Not complicated

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, have we all seen that movie before? Jordan Hamilton.