1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Les Alexander and Mark Cuban switched teams, would the Rockets be better?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 18, 2015.

?

Who would be a better owner for the Rockets?

1. Les Alexander

267 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Mark Cuban

209 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. Equal

31 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You obviously weren't old enough to remember how horrible the mavericks were in 2000

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Tinman, you're a weird dude. The Rockets you love have been dead and buried for over a decade and you have no love at all for Rocketsball now, but you're still here. Les has been the owner forever and will keep on for some time to come. Morey's been GM for years and will be GM for years to come. You have no hope of a return to the old guard, so why keep coming back? What fun is it if you don't like the Rockets as they are?

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

dont talk bad about those clutch city days though or else he'll give it to you :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Keep making assumptions. It's all you do, to every poster who's not a "99er"

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Don Nelson, Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, and Michael Finley: All Pre-Cuban Mavs...

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Mark Cuban probably complains more to the refs/league, which benefits his team (see: ref treatment of Yao in HOU/DAL 1st round series). Les is more of a behind the scenes owner. I'll take the guy who seems to care more.

Cuban + Morey would be a very interesting owner/GM pair for sure.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

What's wrong with criticizing les?
    Clearly, I'm not the only one who thinks he's not a great owner.

i like harden and howard and morey.
    i love morey.
    he suckered the knicks to getting a quiter named McGrady.
    He suckered the lakers into getting a 3rd string point guard.

I saw otis thorpe last weekend at black walnut cafe. He's still alive and looks like he can play another 500 games in a row

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You've got the wrong question. The question is:

What's the point in criticizing the owner? [Cue music: It's all right to cry. Crying lets the sad out of you. . . ]

So you let your feelings out. Here's a teddy bear.

You like Cuban. We got it. Just hang on the Mavs board more. You'll have lots of friends.

9. RCPM

RCPM Member

tinman=closet mavs fan.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

He's a better owner. It's not about liking anything.

Sorry pal, you must realize that 99ers are the purest rockets fans . We will always be better rockets fans than you could even imagine.

Texans fans hate peyton manning but criticized their gm for not getting him.

Are they texan haters?

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Morey wouldn't have hall of famers insulting him because of grudges toward the owner

12. jedicro

jedicro Member

Because that has anything to do with letting Nash or Tyson Chandler go.

tinman hate train. Move along.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

1) I heard you are a 99er a thousand times.
    2) I don't GAF.
    3) Football sucks and who cares.
    4) If Cuban is a better owner, it's weird that you prefer Les Alexander's team better. Explain that.

Oh, it's coz your blood is Rockets red since 99 and actually you should prefer Cuban's team this year, but you are just too darn loyal. Since 99. Loyal to the team but not to the guy who pays for it. Gotcha.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

It has everything to do with making employees, fans,sponsors, and players feel important and appreciated.

It has everything to do with not deceiving or rubbing your people that wrong way.

Les Alexander is Not johhny gill

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

There's nothing wrong with criticism. But, unlike the players, coaches, GMs, and fans, the owner isn't an interchangeable part. He owns the damn thing until he decides he doesn't want to, or he dies. It seems masochistic to give your allegiance to a guy you actively dislike. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

16. jedicro

jedicro Member

Ok, whatever. You don't (now or ever) actually address any counter arguments. Essentially what you say is "that doesn't matter because I'm right/probably older than you."

Address actual points and don't just post youtube videos of Cuban sleeping with the Larry O'Brien trophy. That proves literally nothing outside of the fact that you're pissy.

For the record, I like you. You're like my racist grandpa who just says crazy stuff and constantly reminisces about a bygone era while drinking whiskey.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

You sound mad.

you're not the owner either.

so saying someone is a better owner makes you somehow disloyal to the team you route for?

Greg popovich is a better coach than kevin mchale.

Gotcha Sucker

oh I'm a 99er and I'll rep the 99ers
    Like til the end of days

Oh look at the poll, maybe you'll learn something about the opinions of real rockets fans

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Actually the poll paints a good picture of Alexander, Cuban is the gold standard but Alexander comes really close, if this thread was made at a Suns board for example I think it would lopsidedly be in Cuban's favor. I think the people piling on him are just the vocal minority, majority of people are actually happy with him as the owner.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Cuban as a rockets owner would argue to death to the league if something went wrong for us.
    let's say we got screwed over for a trade or got a bad call in the playoffs, he would be in the commissioners face.
    for the players, i believe he's loyal to them.
    Dirk will end his career as a maverick, but hakeem never ended his career as a Rocket.
    Toronto hakeem would never happen.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You avoid argument and go off on tangents consistently, with everybody.

If Cuban is so great, why don't you like his team? Simply coz 99, right?

Do you think the Mavs are better than the Rockets?