1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA Today] Goran Dragic tells Suns he won't re-sign after season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Feb 17, 2015.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He's deluding himself. If he's in LA and Kobe's on the floor, he'll have to share the ball. Same with Melo in NY. And Wade and Bosh in Miami.

Has Dragic watched the Rockets play this season? Harden is an extremely unselfish guy. He always looks to get other guys going in the 1st quarter. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to let Dragic handle the ball a lot when they're on the floor together. Same with Smith off the bench.

Dragic will get plenty of touches on this team. Not to mention an insane number of open looks thanks to the passing abilities of Harden and Smith.

2. BeardlyBeardman

I wouldn't begrudge any PG who didn't want to voluntarily come to a team who has a SG who is the best in the league at handling the ball. If you want to be John Stockton this isn't the team for you. I'd rather a guy who is OK with that going into it.

3. kakaman

kakaman Member

Dragic is averaging 18 points a game and he has the same FGA attempts as last year. The difference is, he's doing more catch and shoot rather than initiating the offense. With LA and NY, he will be initiating the offense. There is no way Harden lets Dragic run the offense. It wouldn't even make sense, since Harden is a better driver to the basket than Dragic.

4. kakaman

kakaman Member

This guy...he gets it

5. NotChandlerParsons

I would. I'm begrudging him so hard right now.

6. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

A yahoo sports article has stated that Goran doesn't want to be here for fear of being traded... no trade clause anyone?

7. NotChandlerParsons

But then we couldn't turn around and trade him like we really want to ;)

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not eligible for one.

9. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

Hey quite... You will give away the end game...

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

That piece in the future Durant deal

11. Rocket_Man_2.0

Now it makes even less sense to trade for Dragic. We're going to trade away major pieces for a pg who doesn't want to be here. Dragic is a flight risk. Rockets trading Dmo for Dragic and having Dragic leave would be disastrous. I don't even like giving them New Orleans pick for a rental. Forget about Dragic. :rolleyes:

12. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I think Dragic would mesh fine with Harden and the rest of the team, but if the bit about the list is accurate, I'm not sure I want a guy who'd rather lose and get paid than a guy who wants to win now. I don't know, I was under the impression that he enjoyed his time in Houston?

13. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I think it also has something to do with running his own team. Which he wouldn't have in Houston with Harden. He would fit well but wouldn't be maximizing his talents.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Latest out of PHX: Hear Miles Plumlee, made available by Suns last month, could well be attached to Dragic deal if firm trade materializes</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/568103765938724864">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. femto

femto New Member

george hill is a better fit next to harden

16. rockets13champs

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

So why are going after a pg if Harden is superb at handling the ball?

Last I heard was we need a perimeter playmaker. Whatever the hell that is?