1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA Today] Goran Dragic tells Suns he won't re-sign after season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Feb 17, 2015.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Dragic wants a big role and be the main man. He probably thinks Harden is not going to allow that to happen. A real bummer because he would be a great fit for him. He doesn't care about winning he just wants the spotlight.

2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

duh, they have the westbrook.

3. awc713

awc713 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>That whole list of preferred teams 4 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dragic?src=hash">#Dragic</a> is a crock of sheest. &amp; then, when everyone starts looking in one direction... Boom! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Doc Rocket (@Thedocrocket) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket/status/567903373401264131">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'm really not disappointed. I didn't like the idea of giving up DMo, or giving a 29 year old point guard a long term big money contract. He's a good player, but he's not a great player.

In the end I don't think Dragic wanted to play on a team where he would be the third option. Not every player wants to play with Harden and Howard.

5. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Why would they keep him? They unloaded Mozgov and there have been plenty of talks about trading Faried/Chandler/Afflalo amongst others. They are not playoff contenders and they may be ready to move on and rebuild/

6. SidDaKid

SidDaKid Member

I fully believe that that we are a solid pg away (with a healthy Howard) from being a very serious contender. With that being said, I think the Rocket's should go all in. Getting Lawson at this point is very difficult and we don't have much time. Why would Dragic leave a core of Harden and Howard? I don't think anyone would walk away from it.

7. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I am disappointed because with this news, it meant he could be had for less. Nobody would give up what the suns were asking for knowing they essentially have to trade him. Seems like he is only after money and not championships though, unfortunately.

8. afk

afk Member

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If Dragic is willing to sign with the Lakers or Knicks then that tells me enough about his desire to win. That there just changed my entire opinion of Dragic.

1 person likes this.
  10. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Breaking!!! Dragic has no desire to play with Golden State

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I actually want Kevin Love to come here so we can stretch the floor more. Sarcasm

It ****ing sucks we were a Bledsoe away to contend. but vut Harden at pg works guys

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Uh, because having an excellent point locked up with a good contract is a good rebuilding piece? Dude, think about it.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

They were not willing to pay the luxury tax for Harden. Doubt they are willing to do so for Dragic.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

obviously going to the team with the 4th best record in the league with 20 million sitting on the bench for most of the season, that needs a point guard. and will hand you a multi multi million dollar contract after the season isnt good enough.

to be serious he is an idiot if he didnt want to come here. he can do what he wants, and i can think he is an idiot for doing it.

1 person likes this.
  15. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I'd damn near guarantee we'll still be making an offer (has to include the pick), but I'll 100% guarantee if we do make an offer it won't include D-Mo at this point. Pick, Jones, and Papanikalaou is as far as I'd go.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

because kobe and wade aren't going to be around much longer, and he will be there to take all their minutes after he signs an extension.

heat would be a contender in the east if dragic goes there.

17. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

You think a trade of Jones and both draft picks would be enough to entice a trade for Ty?

18. treeman

treeman Member

Welcome back Jeremy Lin

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I think he wants a big paycheck. Like 99% of the rest of us. This is his job, you know. NBA careers end early-mid 30s.. Just some perspective.

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Dragic doing the fishy stuff on Twitter was/is very telling. I speculate that Dragic is being advised by Morey to say things that'll lower the cost to get him for the Rockets. Listing those teams as preferred destination gives those teams incentive to low ball offer or wait til the offseason. Meanwhile, Morey's offer stays the same, yet it gets stronger because of all the low ball offers. Dragic is probably planning to sign long term with Houston through all the smoke and screens

1 person likes this.