1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA Today] Goran Dragic tells Suns he won't re-sign after season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Feb 17, 2015.

1. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

But come 2016-17 the current max is only partial of the "new max" salary. So maybe he gets it here.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thanks. Not surprised.

3. TenaciousD

TenaciousD Member

What? Does Dragic have vacation plans in May?

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Regarding Goran Dragic's list of desired teams given to Phx, I'm told there are 7 in all. Lakers on, Houston is not - <a href="http://t.co/KhnUgNRM9o">http://t.co/KhnUgNRM9o</a></p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/567893407839830017">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Does anybody watch the NBA for basketball anymore? This free agency/trade talk mess is like soap operas for dudes. That being said, half of this crap doesn't even make sense. He prefers playing for a playoff contender ... so NYK and LA are on the list. And if you go to LA, Kobe will be harassing you from the grave. Maybe he doesn't "prefer" a playoff contender all that much? I don't know ... crazy.

1 person likes this.
  6. Airdough

Airdough Member

They might not but anything from a contender who he might sign with is better than getting nothing in the off-season. The wildcard is Miami but not sure they would offer Whiteside to make a deal happen. Lakers and Knicks will just wait until the off-season to engage versus giving up anything now for Dragic if they are smart.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know why we should take these reports seriously. What I've read is contradictory and nonsensical. Wants to sign with a playoff team and the list is packed with big market losers. Sorry, but this looks like a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me. I'll wait for the air to clear.

(is Lawson really available for the right price?)

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Also adding Dragic to the Lakers now pretty much kills their chances at being bad enough to get a top 5 pick. The Lakers hopes and dreams of another superstar to play with Dragic would soley rest on the shoulders of Julius Randle.

If the Lakers added Dragic they'd have something like 55 million wrapped up in just 5 players. Good luck winning with that group in the West. In this conference I sincerely doubt even with Goran that they are even a playoff team.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

F Dragic He hasn't done nothing against the rockets after leaving but getting his azz beat.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yes, this is what I recall.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Leads the league in assists.... that's all I'm saying.

(Better shots for Harden & Co.... not less shots for Harden & co)

12. kakaman

kakaman Member

Pacers also on the preferred list, which would be elevate them to championship contenders imo. PG was the missing piece for them in 2014.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If no trade materializes, Dragic would head to free agency seeking a four-year max from Lakers or Knicks that could reach $80 million range</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/567893924502724611">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine">@ESPNSteinLine</a>, if the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Knicks?src=hash">#Knicks</a> want Dragic they'll have to either pry him from PHO for THJ and a 2018 1st or pay him max money in July.</p>&mdash; Ian Begley (@IanBegley) <a href="https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/567896189967929344">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Then the Suns would get the laker pick since its out of the top 5. Makes sense for the suns to trade him there.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That's bs

16. clutz

clutz Member

17. Airdough

Airdough Member

Historically they are playoff contenders and a team with Melo and Dragic as center pieces can make the playoffs in the East (find a way to fit Gasol in as well and you are looking at a contender). Both will spend money well into luxury tax territory to win and keep a winning team together.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

So that leaves Lawson and Rubio as upgrades right?

19. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Seems like some risky posturing for a max deal. He knows morey and I'm sure he knows he can get screwed when it comes time to getting a deal he wants.

20. kakaman

kakaman Member

I put them 2nd in the East ahead of Chicago since Chicago is never healthy. Top 2 in the East makes them championship contenders.