1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA Today] Goran Dragic tells Suns he won't re-sign after season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Feb 17, 2015.

1. kakaman

kakaman Member

It's not like Harden led a bunch of scrubs, Morey put together a decent team around him. Gogi had nothing 3 years ago, it didn't turn around until Hornacek coached the team. Last year's Gogi was more indicative of his true potential, which was pretty much an all-star level PG in the league. He's not Steph Curry, but I take him over Rondo 7 days a week.

2. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

This says Mia, LA, and NY are "on the list"... doesn't say they are the ONLY teams.

This is a small window of hope.

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Regarding Goran Dragic's list of desired teams given to Phx, I'm told there are 7 in all. Lakers on, Houston is not - <a href="http://t.co/KhnUgNRM9o">http://t.co/KhnUgNRM9o</a></p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/567893407839830017">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow. We really aren't.

4. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Someone compared dragic to harden okc days. I lol at that.

Dynex TVs in LA must be fully in stock.

5. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

If he wants to go handcuff the Lakers by signing a max deal that's fine by me.

6. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Regarding Goran Dragic's list of desired teams given to Phx, I'm told there are 7 in all. Lakers on, Houston is not - <a href="http://t.co/KhnUgNRM9o">http://t.co/KhnUgNRM9o</a></p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/567893407839830017">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

What you say is very true. But I tend to think this is about letting Houston know that he wants to get paid if he comes here, and second, maybe just maybe to help lower the price for Houston which he would be playing on for a championship.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

F Dragic he's overrated.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why you gotta do us like this, Gogi?

10. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Damn, it was a great idea, but if he wants to go to a team with no other playmakers and who will pay him the max, let him go. Maybe if James reaches out to him and let's him know he will share playmaking duties with him maybe that will help.

Oh well, I'm sure Maury is already on to the next plan (or the 'real' plan he always had in mind.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He's not overrated. He just doesn't value winning enough, clearly.

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Hopefully, Stein's reports aren't legit. If so, this changes things.

That said, it's quite obvious he's after max money. Why else would he be interested in these doormat teams like LA or NY?

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

#****Dragic

get the trend started on twitter.

14. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I read the article, but didn't see where it said Houston was not on the list according to his sources. Posturing.

15. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Then why are all his choices teams with giant ballhogs like Wade, Melo, and Kobe.

16. AFS

AFS Member

Or he might overrate himself. He's good, but not good enough to be the number one guy on a championship team.

17. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

The sky is falling.

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Wow we don't even make the top 7????? Wtf

1. Lakers
    2. NYK
    3. Miami
    4. Pacers?
    5. Kings
    6. Det? As a rental
    7. Some other team how is this not us

19. Airdough

Airdough Member

Not really, if anything it tells the Rockets to pursue other options knowing another team could drop a 4 year max offer they wouldn't be willing to approach. If I am Morey, I don't surrender any rotation pieces or the NOP pick for Dragic and Phoenix now knows that a DMo and NOP Pick will never materialize.

20. kakaman

kakaman Member

The only ballhog on that list is Kobe, and he's done after next year. Melo will be more of a spot up shooter in the triangle and Wade plays 40 games a year. TBH Miami would be perfect for Gogi, but they would probably have to give up Deng to do so, which I don't think they would do.