1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden All Star performance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Feb 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RESINator

RESINator Member

Snubbed for MVP despite having more efficient shooting and dishing out 8 assists!

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'm actually impressed that a guy can take 28 shots to 1 assist when on a team with Curry, Harden, Thompson, Durant, Aldridge, Lillard, Paul, Gasol, Dirk, Duncan and Cousins, that takes some legendary level of ball hogging.

1 person likes this.
  3. ribbit

ribbit Member

If Harden took 28 shots, he could have scored at least 50.

4. conquistador#11

I didn't watch but when was the last time we had a player lose his mind and go ham in the all star game. I can't recall.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Harden got 29 points 8 assists and 8 rebounds on 16 shots.

Westbrook got 41 points 1 assist as a point guard and 5 rebounds on 28 shots.

If James shot the ball 28 times he would have had 50 or 51 at that efficiency level. So, yeah... he was worth a mention as the MVP of the game. Not that that really matters though. I'm just glad James represented Houston well.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

It was obvious that Lebron/Westbrook were ballhoging the ball all night long! If they both played on the same team they probably would've had a brawl by halftime, although to James favor he at least was a willing passer and ended up with 7assists.

The 29 pts +8 assists (at least 45 pts) vs. 42pts + 1 assist ( max 45 pts) doesn't come close to showing who had the greatest impact, unless you take into account that Harden took 12 shots LESS than Westbrook, and that Harden shot an incredible .687 to Westbrook's .571! Congrats to Harden for outplaying everyone last night! He is the true MVP in my book!

(P.S.) Curry was 3/10 from the 3pt line (.300 %)
    _____Harden was 7/12 from the 3pt line (.583 % )...MVP..:eek:...:grin:

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

we can't Curry be our PG..., Harden play well off the ball too

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

All star MVP is about points, so Westbrook was going to win, but a Co-MVP would have been more reasonable.

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gc_qS6ySL_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Harden was the real MVP, not Mr. Elite PG in Westbrook with one assist.

11. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

last night's game proves again, if we can find a ball handler, a penetrator like dragic, it would reduce the workload on harden so much and improve his shooting as well, Harden is very good as a ball distributor, but amazing as a off ball catch and shoot guy as well! :rolleyes:AHHH, i hope we can find one before thursday, let's just all pray!!!!

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This doesn't even resemble basketball. Wow.

I'm happy he played well, but what do stats mean if nobody ever even bends their knees on defense?

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

"Performance" in the All-Star game means nothing to me since no one is actually trying. Didn't he do poorly last year or the year before? I didn't really care then and I don't really care now.

With that said, I'd rather see him do well than not do well. So good for him.

14. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

smh it's a pickup game with no defense. You can't take ANYTHING from this game

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

All star games are for fun, doubt harden cares anywhere remotely close as you guys. Yes it would have been nice for the fans, but this game is meaningless. Let's be happy he had a great showing and represented us well!

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Glad his 3's went in. That should be a confidence booster since he laid an egg in the 3 point contest by his lofty standards.

17. cebu

cebu Member

29 points 8 assists and 8 rebounds, that's an MVP performance

41 points is just ball-hogging in an all-star game.

BS MVP.

18. Classic

Classic Member

If you were watching, Harden iced that game. Just being his usual cold-blooded self.

Westbrook got his points during the pick up style.

Wasn't that impressed with the 41 points on 28 shots as the more well balanced and closeout play of Harden.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

In a game where your teammates want recognition too, how can one justify ball-hogging like what Westbrook did? He even ignored KD.

No wonder KD is always in JH's company, they're probably plotting how KD can join JH in HOU.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

If you noticed the whole team froze east and west and let lebron and harden go at it 2 possessions in a row at the end of the game. Both teams new who the closers were. It was awesome as a basketball and rockets fan to see the two best players in the game go head to head. ( praying for a Rockets vs cavs finals)

That's first dribble step back for a 3 in lebron a face was epic and the whole crowd new, the garden new, he was a bad man for that. No body tries lebron..... But harden.

Harden and brown are just on a different level then evey other player. Steph curry and cp3 are flashy and make the spectacular team play and the wet shot from deep. But just pure basketball carnage? That what bron and harden do. Whatever they want.

I just glad the whole world got to see and look up the numbers. Harden and brim make it look easy and Impact the whole game from anywhere on the court. The only player close to them is KD and I'm it a homer in saying harden is better...... Two worde why .... Passing, leaderships.