1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Donatas Motiejunas for Goran Dragic?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2015.

?

Would you trade Donatas Motiejunas for Goran Dragic?

1. YES

277 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. NO

720 vote(s)
    72.2%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am surprised that people think DMo is a top 5 PF in this league

Rocket River

2. bmd

bmd Member

His situation was a lot different last year compared to this year.

Why aren't you acknowledging that?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

add someone like isiah thomas to any backcourt and their numbers will go down too. plenty have acknowledged it but we've cited the reasons why. look at that team 48-34 is far from a failure, and that record would probably be good enough to get in the playoffs this year as the 8th seed probably won't hit 50 wins this year.

4. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Who are the top 5 PFs in the league according to the flowing water?

1 person likes this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Anthony Davis
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Blake Griffin
    Zach Randolph
    Kevin Love
    Paul Millsap

7. Rocket_Man_2.0

Giving them Dmo would be way overpaying. 1st round pick or 2 2nd round picks is as far as I'd go.

8. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Yes, I would be open to it. We are in win-now mode. Sometimes you have to sacrifice future value for present value.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

morey has spoiled many. i guess thats probably a good thing but thinking that's all it would take to get someone like dragic is not realistic.

10. bmd

bmd Member

I don't understand why people are severely underrating Dragic and overrating D-Mo.

Overrating D-Mo I get, but I don't get why many here are understating Dragic...

11. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

LOL at the results. But, not surprising.

Why get an all star caliber player at a position of need, when you can have DMo and 7 and 5 on bad percentages instead.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

homerism from the track record around here. and a lot of people probably dont follow dragic enough or seen him enough to know how good he's become.

13. bmd

bmd Member

Dragic is a Morey Dream player. 40% of the shots he takes are at the rim, and about 30% of the shots he takes are from 3.

He's shooting 70.1% at the rim. 70.1%! That's insane for a guard.

He is shooting 56% from 2 and has a 50% FG%. He has nearly a 60% TS%.

His percentages are better than Harden's.

When you have two guys in Harden and Dragic who can both get to the rim and score, there will be so many open shots for everybody.

Plus he can be on the floor when Harden is resting.

The offense will hit another gear.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

at first I was an adamant no, but people here are making a good case for Dragic

15. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

You can't trade D-Mo. He just got a fish tank a week ago. Do you know how settled a person has to feel to get a fish tank this size?
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Arrived!!! ;) <a href="http://t.co/Nw7g5XQrvP">pic.twitter.com/Nw7g5XQrvP</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/562669636442157057">February 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Finally! 1000 liters aquarium! ;) Pagaliau! 1000 litrų akvariumas! ;) <a href="http://t.co/jvwF2FevNB">pic.twitter.com/jvwF2FevNB</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/562938161136156673">February 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But really, Dragic and D-Mo are probably my favorite 2 players ever, and I can't believe we're even having to talk about choosing one, but I'd pick D-Mo.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Good Stuff

Rocket River

17. Mr Chuck Norris

For Dmo they better start with blesode

18. Lithuanianbaske

Lithuanianbaske New Member

Yes, you think right and i think the same. im a huge Dmo and rockets fan, but i as much as i like Rockets, i would love to see Dmo in Spurs or Atlanta team. If Dmo can improve with Mcfail, i would like o see what Popi could do with him.
    What i have in mind, is that looks like Rockets isn't the right place for Dmo, i think he could improve more in other team.

19. jogo

jogo Member

Sometimes I think our players look better on our team than their true value. This is similar to SA, who makes players look great, trades them (for Leonard), and then they are average. If you look at players like Landry, Hayes, etc. they really seemed to fall off a bit once traded. Maybe it's because they were starters or played more minutes here than for their new teams. The exceptions are obviously Dragic and Lowry.

This makes me think Dmo needs to go if it can get us Dragic resigned for 3-5 years. Dragic's worth to the team > Dmo's in my opinion

Of course there are concerns about Howard's health and TJones' health that factor into this equation.

20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

If we're talking DMo as filler, then I'd hope the NOP is off the table. But yes I'd do it. I'd love if Morey could add Kanter who is asking to be traded to the roster. At that point I think we're all in.