1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your thoughts if any on Kenny Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Feb 11, 2015.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think he's a sellout p***y. Beta to the max. This city and team gave took him to the highest spot and he acts like defending us would be too much. Chuck bullies him around like a cat does a mouse.

1 person likes this.
  2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I agree with you on this one.

3. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

That show used to be pretty good. Now they get ratings from Barkley offending fan bases. It's getting old quick and Shaq has been awful. The sad part is Chuck wanted to be a gm when he first retired. You could tell Morey's comments got to him.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Kenny has switched because he is probably tired of going back and forth with Barkley about the Rockets. I'm pretty sure he knows Barkley is still button hurt about that contract way back in the days.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He didnt defend Morey. How despicable can he get? Im offended. I remember when Morey was shooting those 3jumpers helping out Hakeem. What a houston legend.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why does he have to be biased?
    He's an nba analyst not rockets pr.

magic Johnson has called out the lakers. Are lakers fans going to turn on him?

7. tinman

Supporting Member

You speak the truth.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Never said he HAS to be biased, but let that chump know he isnt all there with the nonsense ihe is talking, its not about being biased to the Rockets, its letting Barkley continue with this constant garbage. I use Kenny Smith because Kenny played for us obviously, never said he has to be biased.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Agreed wholeheartedly. Watching that show, you'd never think half of the cast actually PLAYED for us (and at least for one of them, won 2 ****ing rings with us). Do you think once Kobe has retired, he'd EVER let anybody talk **** about Jerry Buss or Mitch Kupchak on his watch? What about Jordan and Phil Jackson? Charles Oakley and Pat Riley? Hell no. Kenny Smith is completely and totally spineless by allowing those overpaid, over-exposed, under-educated blowhards spew hate and vitriol all over his former employer.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

i wish ernie or kenny wouldve corrected chucks "rockets are the worst defensive team" rant

11. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Clearly, the show is better with C-Webb taking the spot of either chuck or shaq. Kenny props the Rox when it's logical to do so.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Kenny doesn't to tell chuck anything or Shaq. The show shouldn't be about them arguing.

Morey hit a nerve with charles and that's basically it.

13. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I just find it sad how Barkley was so proud to be ignorant. He makes the "evolution is only a theory" and "global warming doesn't exist" crowd look enlightened.

14. Remlap

Remlap Member

Barkley is just too old school to know what analytics are and how to use them.
    It would be HILARIOUS to see him as a GM.

Seems that MJ was a pretty good player right?
    How has MJ's playing and basketball smarts translated to GM?
    Not so good. As I recall, the Bobcats have been mired in mediocrity for quite some time.
    Think Barkley can do better than Jordan at GM? Not likely.

Besides, Barkley is so old school he probably thought Anna Litix was a dancer at a club

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I thought Kenny used his personal example to illustrate the shortcomings of analytics. He said he started taking way more 3 pointers when he joined the Rockets because he started playing with a monster in the middle who was drawing double teams. But his example was still too simplistic. Morey would have had analytics on how well he shot kick-out, wide open 3 pointers and used that as a basis to try to get him on the Rockets.

16. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed 100%.

17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I don't Morey is done with Charles. I see the GM exposing the TNT crew for there obvious bias. Charles is always saying he just tells the truth because that is his job. I loved what Daryl did and hope he continues to hit up the TNT crew so that people start scrutinizing Shaq and Charles as to what there underlining issues are with the Rockets. As far as Kenny goes he was a role player you cant expect to much from him when you sit in between two hall of fame lol

18. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Nah I have no problems with Kenny.

19. ribbit

ribbit Member

I wonder if TNT management has anything to do with it.

20. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He never says anything he just laughs and try's to stay neutral. This has always made me mad because he was a part of Houston it was a place where he won championships and a place where a city embraced him. If anything he should stick up for Houston every once in a while. Say something negative about LA and watch Shaq get upset ! Kenny "the not real Jet" sold out in my mind !!!!!