1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers announcers are disgusting

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DeAleck, Nov 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. dischead

dischead Member

The Jazz have Matt Harpring doing their games. He makes me want to vomit.

1 person likes this.
  2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Nobody is worse. Nobody.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So they're like Clyde Drexler?

I guess anyone associated with that city makes for an idiotic announcer.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Blazers announcer has got to be at least 75 years-old.

You are thinking of his son.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Wait, what if we complain our announcers too..does that allow us to complain about other announcers? What are the rules to these, internet morality police officer?

6. NotChandlerParsons

Rockets announcers are bad. Blazers announcers are in that rare mute the game bad tier, with the Clips and Nuggets guys IMO.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'll say this, the Portland announcers were more hostile than the past, and the Jazz announcers were uncharacteristically positive towards us last time.

Wonder if that has to do with Portland being CSN, Utah being Root sports and the changeover... :p

8. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Jazz announcers may be bad, but not as bad as the old Jazz announcers.

Out announcers are among the worst in the league. Lots of homer comments and virtually no insight.

During the last Celtics game I notices Heinsohn didn't complain once or have one crazy comment. He seemed to genuinely be enjoying the game.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Heinsohn has chilled out a bit this year, i think it's probably because the Celtics are a bad team that's not going any where right now.

It's much easier to just not care, you are more like "Yeah we won...cool. Oh we lost, draft pick baby." and DGAF.

10. flopi

flopi Member

I think they made some good points, especially regarding Harden. He's a great player but with all due respect, he gets to the free throw line too often and too easily. Earlier in the 1st quarter he simply lost the ball and tripped, looked up, ran into the next available Portland defender and got 2 free throws out of it. Its weird. Shouldnt happen. Not the fault of Portland announcers to speak about it, I completely understand if opposite teams are annoyed by this.

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Bring this guy back to announce w/ Bill -

[​IMG]

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is a miracle.

13. Dr Dunkenstein

A foul is a foul. Harden was tripped on that play by by the Blazers' center.

James is a big, strong guy that is very tough to defend when he takes it strong to the paint. It is tough to not foul him because everything happens so fast and he is really pushing the issue.

Go back and watch every play again. If anything, Harden should have gotten to the line MORE than he did.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Jim Peterson, anyone?

15. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I was actually in shock how often they complained about players talking to the refs. Guess what? It happens! Also the way they fawned over the female ref was both a little strange and super hilarious.

16. lalala902102001

Listening to the Blazers announcers last night one could not resist but think that Harden was lucky to not get arrested right on the court and thrown into prison for deceiving the refs.

17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I like checking out the opposing feed from time to time when given the choice, to see what they think of the Rox. With the Blazers on the sched though that was NOT an option, and I'm sorry to everyone who was subjected to them last night. I even enjoy the Clippers and Spurs announcers more often than not. Blazers and Nuggets are the only two in the league that are completely off limits to me when both streams are presented to me.

18. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

unfortunately, i had to listen to them yesterday and man did hate my self. They were making fun of Mchale on the side line and Harden all game long on how he flops by not making field goals, only flopping for contact.

19. VanityHalfBlack

The best and hands down home announcers are the Cleveland cavaliers

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Portland has the worst Twitter account too.