1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaolin Soccer

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RocketsPimp, Jul 12, 2003.

Tags:
  1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

2. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

A-W-F-U-L

3. Kodinh

Kodinh Contributing Member

this movie is absolutely hilarious, one of my all time favorites

4. YoYao

YoYao Member

what;s so good about this movie? the movie isn;t that good at all

5. Buzz1023

Buzz1023 Member

I think this movie is one of the most sucessful movie back in China. It broke boxoffice records or something, but I don't think the American audience is going to get it because it has a weird, quirky humor to it. It's more of a comedy than a action film. I saw the movie and by the end of it I was left speechless. I guess I'm use to watching Hollywood movies and I just didn't get this film.

6. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

7. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

This movie has some really hilarious scenes in it, and I will definately see it when it is released. Some people just don't get Kung Fu humor for some reason. I think Iron Monkey is one of the funniest movies i've ever seen, its just so over the top.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

let me say this.

Soccer.

You think AMerica gives a ****?

Shaolin Football, now we got something.

9. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

The *heavy* scenes play way too long IMHO. They got some bad SNL technique in there. Other scenes are hilarious. Lots of references to other movies. It's been out in Asia for about two years, as others have reported.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Shaolin Soccer f-ing rocks!!! Do not badmouth this movie until you've seen it. What's odd is that I hate the sport of soccer and I'm sick and tired of wire fu, yet this movie combined both and I loved it.

I highly recommend getting the DVD if you're interested in seeing it. It's available at a bunch of sites for $10-15. The Miram"axe" version is dubbed, has an entirely new score, and deletes some fairly important scenes.

11. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I saw the preview in the theater a while back, and it looked ridiculous.

Certainly not something that I'm going to spend my hard earned dollar to go see....

12. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Thats the point! Geeze, some people take movies too seriously.

13. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

The American audience seem to be the only one that doesn't like this movie.Here in Europe it quite popular,not a box office hit but still quite popular.
    I personally thought it was hilarious! :D

ALA

14. FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon Member

Hey, people, watch your language, Stephen Chow(Director, actor, writer of soccer) is my all time most favorite comedian of all time, he's the most popular movie star in Not only his native China and Hong Kong, but all over Asia. He's known as the KING OF COMEDIAN.
    I agree, this movie have some funny moment, but I don't think this is best movie for Chow, I think the other movie that he make is much better than this one.
    BUT ANYWAY, HE'S MY FAVORITE MOVIE STAR, MOST THE PEOPLE IN HK AND CHINA AND ASIA LIKE TO WATCH CHOW'S MOVIE VERY MUCH, HE'S THE FUNNIEST MOVIE STAR IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

15. FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon Member

One wire thing about the American audience is that: The movie like Crouching tiger is not that popular in hong Kong, but here in America, It won 4 oscer award. The movie like Iron Monkey, I personally think it's a lot better than Crouching Tiger. and also, Jet li's Hero is much better than Crouching.... but instead, the go it didn't won the oscer award.

Most of the people don't like Shaolin soccer is because this one release on the american theather is not the original one, and Chow don't even know how to speak good english, when you translate something into other things, it will not be as good as the orginal, it will not make any sense at all, so if I were you, i would just go out and buy the original DVD version, than see it in the theather.

AGAIN, WHEN YOU TRANSLATE SOMETING INTO OTHER, I WILL NOT MAKE ANY SENSE, IT WON'T BE AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL.