1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basketballholic

That is your opinion. ;)

2. Swishh

Swishh Member

Jones is almost assuredly going to be in a package for an upgraded PG. Anyone could have guessed that - doesn't make them an insider.

You need to give up talent to get a great player - not every trade is going to be like the (lopsided) Harden one.

Besides, Jones' role is reduced with Smith on the team anyways. You can't trade Smith, so it's going to be Jones.

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

People looking at freaking STATS...

STATS don't tell the entire story.... Josh has been a very nice addition and you can tell he's becoming more comfortable with his new team... Very unselfish and very much a team player... He does make the bone headed mistakes, but all and all a very nice addition.

T_Man

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

i haven't pissed on your carpet. Like, you're a troll man.

why don't you just state that it's your opinion and then move forward?

#24124 studogg, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  5. Remii

Remii Member

Meh... You do seem to have an infinitive hate for TJ and you have been preaching his demise for the longest.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I'm not sure what you mean by trade targets. Whether its what you would like to see on this team or what you think will happen. But just going to say:
    There is no chance for: Butler Rubio Deron KG Joe Johnson and Eric Gordon
    Rubio and Butler are untouchable.
    And the other 4 have contracts that Morey would not trade for.
    Ok maybe the tiniest possibility for Eric Gordon but I would say No. Hes a SG. We have one of those. Even if one believed he could share the backcourt with Harden, pretty big game at this point.

7. NotChandlerParsons

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It's only a factor if Phoenix tries to low ball him. I'm not sure any team will offer him the full max which should be somewhere in the 18 mil range but he should easily get Chandler Parsons type money. If Phoenix gives home a legit offer I think he stays, regardless of the fact he plays off the ball or not.

9. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Don't worry about the little 'stories' from basketballholic. He is just throwing any kind of crap against the wall allowing him to say, "See, I told you so." Hell, I would rather watch YouTube clips posted by Plowman than to read anything he post.

And yes, my opinions are facts :grin:

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Everyone, paging everyone :p

11. King901

King901 Member

Sources say something will happen one day when it happens.

12. NotChandlerParsons

If my calculations are correct, when this thread hits 8888 pages, you're gonna see some serious ****.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Dudley for K-pap straight up. I would do that. Not sure if Kidd would though.

14. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Cyberx, with the news that Amare Stoudemire could possibly be bought out, is there any chance Deron Williams could be bought out as well?

15. okeezie

okeezie Member

E=WinkFan;9533008]He's averaging 10.7 points on 10.5 shots. That isn't great if you are playing for free.[/QUOTE]

If your threshold is Harden efficiency then yes it doesn't look great. If you don't shoot FTs or 3s then 50% shooting will get you points=shots. Very close minded of you to equate that to poor value to the team.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Deron still has trade value as a player.

17. okeezie

okeezie Member

Who cares? Doc Rivers would not play him last year and the Clippers had no 3 man. He is not better than Harden, Ariza, or Brewer so he wouldn't play anyway. At least Papa gives us the flexibility to play him as a stretch 4. Either way who cares? Only Clutchfans care about shuffling the 11th and 12th men around.

18. rogower

rogower Member

No, he doesn't. That is one of the three or four worst contracts in the league right there. He has what is called "negative trade value," meaning that if Brooklyn offered Williams for expiring contracts (I.e., for nothing), everybody would turn them down. Brooklyn has already offered Deron Williams to every team in the league for expiring contracts. Josh Smith also obviously had negative trade value, and Detroit offered him to everybody in the league for expiring contracts and found zero takers.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Deron Williams does not expire this year like STAT . He has many years to be paid 20 millions. He is not an idiot to agree to a buyout and lose his checks.
    He was injured that year and Doc still wanted to keep him but he traded him to open cap space ..now that he's healthy he plays very well. Check his stats. He's having close to a carreer year. Plus he's going to opt out which would be nice for the Rocket's flexibility. He can play the four very well in small ball lineups.

20. rogower

rogower Member

Wrong. Jared Dudley has been awesome this season. He is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season (after he opts out of his contract) and Milwaukee probably does not re-signs him, so he is a good bet to be traded. Corey Brewer has been a good player but Dudley is a HUGE upgrade over Brewer.

I am projecting a Dudley-to-Houston trade. Houston will need to give up Isaiah Canaan, Nick Johnson, or Clint Capela, though. Or maybe the Knicks 2015 second round pick. Houston would be trading Kostas Papanikolaou's expiring contract with one of these four assets for Dudley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.