1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Don't Always Agree with Israel, but I Understand

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rashmon, Jan 27, 2015.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Population shifting... that's pretty funny.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Excellent post, and so true.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I am sorry that you and many others still perceive being against Zionism as "hate for Jews". Some of my Jewish friends feel that way and some certainly do not.

Let me state that I don't think you hate Christians just because you disagree with me on this forum about Zionism nor do I think you hate Americans as a whole just because we believe in a multi-ethnic, multi-religious state which in not a "Christian state" a "Jewish state" or a "Muslim state", though of course Christians far outnumber other religious groups.

Maybe if you would stop and think whether the people outside South Africa who hated Apartheid did necessarily "hate white people" or Afrikaners as opposed just what their state was and what it was doing doing. You might also ponder the fact that growing numbers of Jews outside Israel are deciding that Zionism was a bad idea.

It is true that there are many instances of persecution in the Middle East and elsewhere outside of Israel. This is no defense for Israel, except to the limited extent that say Israel more civil rights than Egypt which just sentenced another 100 Muslim Brotherhood members to death.

As far as the Palestinians/Arabs who are citizens of Israel having equal rights. Try google. Don't rely exclusively on what you were told in elementary school or Israeli main stream media. Better yet, if you are still in doubt about less rights for Arab/ Israelis and you are actually friends with a Palestinian citizen of Israel you might want to ask them if they can think of any ways in which they have less rights than you.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's just code for that. When you look at the Pegida demonstrations in Germany, or worse, at Neonazi demonstrations or at Islamist demonstrations, they will rarely scream "death to Jews", they will scream "death to Zionists". They do mean the same, though. Just like for you, you'll say you hate Zionists, but it's just code...only that in your case, you really believe you are a better person for making the distinction - but if you were to take a really, really long look in the mirror, you would have to admit to yourself that that is what you really mean.

5. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

So, over 900 people died per day at that camp alone. Damn.

6. Nivos

Nivos Member

I really don't think you actually realize your hate for the Jews. I've been all around the world, and met with so many people, especially Europeans that don't even know that they hate jews untill they start drinking. And you know what? I have no problem with that. Jews for generations have been trying to hide themeselves, to not draw too much attention. The fact that I grew up in a Jewish state made me take it for granted, but after being to Awschwitz, and after I encountered myself in some horrible sayings and acts I have no problem from someone that he tells me he hates me because of my religion. I am strong enough to defend myself, and having a country that 'got my back' is securing to me. Obviously you can't understand it because you have never been in my shoes.

As for the Palastinians, I feel so bad for them. I don't hate them. I have fought against Hisballa and I don't hate them, I respect them as soldiers, at least they don't hide behind children when they fight.

I refuse to fight in the west bank, I refuse to fight for the political games of our stupid leaders. I am the biggest supporter of peace and the only thing I ask from my country is to defend me when we're being attacked.

Plastinians can end that ongoing fighting, I truly believe that once they accept our existence in this small piece of land peace will come. But so far they keep calling for our destruction, and the right wing in Israel is getting stronger. Hope for peace is fading with every "Anti zionism" movement in Europe and the US.
    What I'm trying to explain to you that your agendas only hurt all of us that want peace. They make the extremist stronger, so please stop with that. You are not the one that is hurting from this stupid war. I am. And the Palestinians whom you think you're helping.

And last- I promise you that once Israeli borders will be established and the palastinians will get the country they wish for, our first fight, that has already started will be to seperate religion from the state.

We can't do it though when everyone is trying to kill us all the time. So please, call against war, as loud as you want, but not against Zionism which is the core of our existence and our security as Jewish people.

1 person likes this.
  7. Remii

Remii Member

Many view/viewed Zionists groups like we view groups like ISIS... As terrorist. And not all Jews are pro Israel and Zionists. There are even Jews who consider Zionism blatant racism. So I don't think you can speak for all Jews by saying Zionism is the core of their existence.

As far as the Palestinians... You're going to have to keep killing them and make them submit. You can't do people wrong and expect them to kiss your azz.

8. Nivos

Nivos Member

This is offensive in so many ways and is coming from complete ignorance and lack of knowledge what is Zionism.
    An aspiration for a minority for their own country is not coming out of thin air. Jews have suffered from persecutions since they were first deported from Israel 2000 years ago and their fight for emancipation is dated since the Spanish inquisition, to the pogroms in Europe in the 19th century and finalized to a necessity after the holocaust.
    The painful thing is that the ww2 war created movement of hundred of thousands of refugees that were determine to never let it happen again.

Believe me that for me, I couldn't care less if Israel was created in Montana, Australia or Ugandha but it had to be created. They chose Israel because of the historic connection to the Jewish people and because Jews already lived in Palestine for centuries.
    The Palastinian people that were here were mainly farmers that came from Saudi arabia, Lebanon, Syria and Egypt. Some of them, actually lived here for centuries as well.

Wrongs have been done to those people, I'm sure, and indeed there was a war, and Israel won.
    Now saying that a country for the Jewish people is racist is the raciest thing you can say after killing and persecuting Jews for generations and when they say Enough is Enough you scream- "you're racist".

We are already here, we ain't going anywhere and we refuse to do the horrible things you are suggesting like genocide and all of those terrible things you keep on saying we do.

We need to find a way to live together, Palestine next to Israel, 2 countries with bad blood, terrible past and bright future.

The only way we can move on from that loop is acknowledge that we are both here, we are both people that want emancipation and deserve it.

We do not want the whole world to become Jewish or die, we do not want anything more than our little piece of land that we can call ours so don't compare us to those dreadful horrible people of IS

9. glynch

I don't say I hate Zionists. I do not support Zionism as it is essentially a settler colonialism which involved confiscating other's land. The movement is still committing itself to that agenda daily. I don't support it for Christians engaging in it among Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists etc. Extremists like you are often not able to make distinctions so you won't understand this, though you can read the words.

I think your statement about looking in the mirror is what psychologists call "projection" and you might consider doing so wrt to Muslims and Arabs.

10. Remii

Remii Member

Yep... And many Jews considered Berlin their Jerusalem before Hitler took power.

But that's what Zionists have been doing since the 1st world war when Turkey lost control of Palestine to the British. Which is why they were looked at as terrorist.

Good luck with that...

11. glynch

12. Nivos

Nivos Member

Yes, there have been Jewish terrorist, the Etzel. They believed that an armed resistance against the British is the answer. But many, including my grandfather, have fought them in the Hagana, and eventually they won.
    You can't win by terrorism, the day that the Palastinians understand it, this is the day we'll have a chance at peace.

And the thing is that I understand that many think terrorism is the way of resistance. Even if you think Israel has done used terrorism as a method, and off course we think that the Palastinians used terrorism as a method, it doesn't mean that we can't sit and talk and reach an agreement.
    Not all wars have to end up with submission of the other side, they just need to stop fighting as a means for an end.

13. Nivos

Nivos Member

14. Remii

Remii Member

It's not what I think... It's a fact. They took land from people and murdered to do it. Which is why I believe it won't be peace until one side submits.

It's just so much drama in that part of the world. Not just between those two groups...

15. glynch

=Nivos;9529327]

#55 glynch, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  16. Nivos

Nivos Member

17. da1

da1 Member

No you idiot their oppression comes from Israeli policies towards them. You are seriously the Joseph goebbels of clutch bbs except your propaganda is against Muslims

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would say that Israel nor their religious faith helps alleviate their struggles.

19. da1

da1 Member

What does anyone's faith have to do with struggles? There are poor Christians and Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists worldwide. It's the broader economic policy and socioeconomic conditions that cause poverty not religion. This is basically atw's hatred towards Muslims as usual. Honestly I think he would like to see Muslims wiped out based on his vile commentary over the years. How he hasn't been banned is a miracle.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If you actually believe this... I don't even... I'm just going to stop.