1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

You think this current roster is a championship roster do you? It's about plugging in the glaring hole at a spot from a position in which we're pretty deep. I love Dmo, but we're not winning anything without another play maker.

2. CertifiedTroll

What if the PG spot could be upgraded using other assets?

DMo isn't our only valuable trade piece. There are tons of other trades we could pull off to upgrade the PG position without trading DMo.

3. delishman

delishman Member

WHOHOOO. DuBose just said, "I'm Richie Rich beech I'm a real big time."

4. marky :)

marky :) Member

You must be a horrible poker player.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Just because we might have a hole at point guard doesn't mean we should get desperate and give up the farm. Look how that's worked for Dallas so far......

6. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

You're right, sorry. Shouldn't have said you misunderstood him.

And yes, I don't buy Deveney's 'story' about Dragic being on the "trade block".

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

No I do not, but I'd MUCH rather keep a 24 year old 7 footer on the roster at a decent contract putting up these numbers while still getting used to the NBA life.

[​IMG]

Or we can just get rid of our best big and spend on a 29 year old who's probably maxed out his progression. I would love him as addition to this team but NOT at the cost of getting rid of one of the best up and coming big men in the game. Period.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

That's the path to the poor house. You simply do not trade a 24 y/o 7 footer that has an elite post game, developing shot, and is a very good defender for a 28 y/o PG on an expiring contract......no matter what else you have on your depth chart. If you do, that PGs name better be Curry or Paul.

1 person likes this.
  9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

finsraider like read my mind.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am not trading DMo for Dragic. Would love to have Dragic on the Rockets, but DMo is not on the table in my opinion. Suns can take a NOP/TJones/expirings package or leave it.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would not even offer TJones, but would offer Capella....in place of that.

DD

12. basketballholic

I wouldn't even offer the Pels pick.

Id try to work a 3-way with the Nets involving Lopez. Nets want some young talent and expiring contracts and maybe a pick. Send them some combination of TJones, Kostas, Shved, Bev or Canaan, and the Knicks pick. Send PHX a future first. Nets send Lopez to PHX. We get G & Z and some minimum salary players. BRN/PHX send out the minimum salary players. We get Goran and keep DMo and the Pels pick.

#23812 basketballholic, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Didn't know he was close to Dragic. Interesting. Any other insight on their connection?

14. xaos

xaos Member

Do you think the Pels pick will net us a player who is:

1.) NBA ready on this team who is competing for a championship
    2.) Going to be better than Dragic
    3.) Fill the hole that we have at the PG spot
    or
    4.) Net us a player above the quality/fit of Dragic

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Even if Rubio was as a good a defender as Ariza, which he isn't, he still lacks what is required for a starting 1 on this team, the 3 ball.

Ariza, even with all the criticism he's getting this season, is a much better 3 point shooter. And finally, Ariza's perimeter defense has a lot to do with his length and ability to guard up to 4 positions. Let's stop trying to argue that Rubio could fill Ariza's shoes on this team.

1 person likes this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You have consistently provided some of my favorite responses on the forums.

Ben, you landed that podcast with Dragic, have you spoken with him since? Did you get any feel of his interest in playing for the team?

I wouldn't even offer Canaan, I say they pay us in draft picks to take on Dragic and in the mean time pay off our debt to Charles Barkley.

17. Guru

Guru Member

Something like this would work for all, would need to add picks as needed to close the deal.

PHX gets a legit big man in Lopez
    BKN gets young talent, and maybe a pick to take on Tucker
    HOU gets a PG, playmaker and a back up big man as insurance

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=otwgph7

Maybe this needs to go in the Random Trade thread.

1 person likes this.
  18. finsraider

finsraider Member

I wouldn't go that far. I'd be a little surprised if PHX was interested in Lopez, and I don't think they would do the trade without getting the NOP 1st.

However, I do agree that most people undervalue that pick. Bima tweeted the following:

"When considering trading that NOP pick, think of it as a J. Grant-caliber playaer on a 4-yr rookie scale deal paying ~$2 million per."

4 years at that salary on a promising player is not at all unfair payment for up to 4 months of Dragic and his bird rights.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Suns like Tucker, we might have to give the Pelicans pick to the Nets in order to get it done. I don't want to do that, but if Goran wants to stay in Houston, I would be ok with it. I would rather give them, the NY 2nd rounder plus Canaan instead.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

maybe you should give me some credit for your "new trade idea"...:rolleyes:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=9529160#post9529160

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.