1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do people outside of the greater Houston area not consider themselves Houstonians?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Scionxa, Feb 5, 2015.

Tags:
?

Do you live outside of Houston city limits (Pearland, Missouri City, The Woodlands) and claim Housto

1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    84.5%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

tomball is a city, it has it's own mayor police department, fire department etc. The woodlands however, no

2. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Born and raised in Houston until I went to college, but I now live in the suburbs (unfortunately) because I work in Conroe.

Anyway, when someone from the area asks where I live, I tell them The Woodlands, but when someone asks me where I'm from, I rep the H.

3. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Jimmy Butler is just weird. Really...Tomball?

I grew up in houston and live in cypress now so I'm not a Cypress-nian.

But yea there are people that are born in raised in Katy and rarely go to houston so in essence they are not houstonians.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

To me this is one of the only exceptions. If you were born and raised in the city(not born in a Houston Hospital and went to elementry in the subs) and move out to the suburbs BUT plan on returning one day.

You do plan on returning right K mf G? Right?

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: For K mf G only and so that it doesn't distract from the thread:
    That does NOT make me an *******, sir. It makes me someone attempting to help you. :cool: One person at a time... one...
    That's too bad and sad at the same time that you think that way. This is why most will fail.
    Although I might say "OK" is fine spelled that way, I might reconsider it in the future. The capitalization of an entire word is for emphasis. The three periods are an ellipsis, and I use them for suspense or a pause in the same thought and, no, I should not have used a comma. Thank you for noticing, because I know I'm not perfect! :)

*See? it's easy to thank someone for their help!*

Hey, you are absolutely right about The Woodlands and Tomball!

6. K mf G

yes indeed, reeko, yes indeed

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

1510 Polk Street
    Houston, TX 77002

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This is about context. Naturally if I am in Houston, I state I am from the Clear Lake area. Anywhere else, I state I am from the Houston area. That said, I would never live in city limits.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Meh...

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What's wrong with living and Katy and repping the H?
    Nobody in Katy hangs out in Katy, its just where we live. Whenever **** goes down its always somewhere in Houston.

1 person likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I've yet to meet anyone from Katy that hangs out anywhere inside the beltway let alone inside the loop lol.

12. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I grew up living inside the Houston boundaries. I recently moved 5 mins away to the Cypress/ Tomball area and I fully consider myself a Houstonian.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's because those people are just f***boys. Lol.
    Seriously there is nothing to do in Katy except go to chain restaurants and there's Katy Mills Mall where all the Jr. High kids go.

14. K mf G

yes, ok has been ok'd by the grammar gods of universes 7-22 which encapsulates us, i'm not quite sure why you feel sad and bad, you should have more of a positive outlook in life, language is an evolving organism and will go through changes for uses in both the oral and the written written representation, there a 100's of examples of these metamorphosis, people who often (pronounced au-fin) resist the change tend to find themselves struggling with the adaptability and this could be the source of why you feel bad and sad, you are not trying to help me because you don't know if the mistake was a common typing error or an error due to lack of knowledge, if you were truly trying to help people their grammatical misgivings you would take the time to get to the source, the source in my case was i was typing while reading something else, listening to music, and wondering if i should go and get some breakfast or wait until lunch time, so as i type it i typed it phonetically without paying attention to my use of phonetics and it's context to grammar, most will fail? so absolute and definitive, again i would persuade you to look at the glass half full, when you have negative thoughts it tends to lead to negative actions and no one wants to see you down the road of failure so i wish you great success with your campaign to enlighten people of the grammatical integrity of which the english language deserves,

2 people like this.
  15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Pretty much what a few people here already said.. If i'm talking to someone from outside of Houston, I say Houston. If it's a Houston person, I say Sugar Land. That's the proper way really. Most people don't know where the hell Sugar Land is on the map if they've never been to Houston or aren't familiar with it. It's not even a big deal really, I live like 3 miles from the Houston/SL border.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

It's "I don't live in Houston".:eek:

;)

If someone from out of town and doesn't know much about the geography of the area, I just say I'm from Houston. I don't live with in the city limits though, I live in the suburbs aka Sugar Land area. And I've lived most of my life out of the country.

#36 Uprising, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I live in Houston and hang out in Katy.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I know quite a few who live in Katy but "live" inside the loop when they're awake on weekends or week nights.

19. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

nothing wrong with jimmy butler's stance.

good for tomball, they finally got something.

20. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

The Arlington Cowboys of the NFL often claim Dallas.

1 person likes this.