1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's getting traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Feb 3, 2015.

1. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

For a PG upgrade (Like Dragic) no doubt, we have a lot of solid PFs and a hole at PG.

I'd prefer to give up Jones because Dmo is taller, so he can be a better backup center, but if that's not an option, bye Dmo.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The Suns really need front court help even after trading for Wright. Just look at his game log and he's not the contributor he was when he was in Dallas.

I think if Charlotte starts sliding Phoenix should make a play for Al Jefferson with us being a third team to facilitate that trade.

3. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

Couldn't agree with you more, plus you don't trade a 24 year old 7' foot PF/C who's lightbulb has finally gone off for an about to be 29 year old PG who's not an all star quality player. I'd love to have him on the team also but not at the cost of DMo. On top of everything else, you have DMo for 1.4M and for the next 2 years in your pocket and there is no guarantee Dragic resigns with you and he's already making near 8M, and he isn't looking for a paycut in his next contract.

Add Howard's health to the mix and there's no way you make that trade. The Knicks may also throw crazy money at Dragic if the rumors are correct, so again no way you make that trade unless Phoenix decides to give him away and I don't see that happening with the playoff chase in full bore.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Where's Dmo?

5. Zbed

Zbed Member

I'd be willing to part with Dmo and the Nola pick in a deal for Brandon Knight and John Henson. Might be giving up to much but we need a Pg upgrade badly and we get a serviceable Center until Dwight is healthy and then he can be our backup when he's back and Dorsey will never see the floor again

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

I don't know, but it should be obvious that our most impressive trade assets are DMo, the Pelicans pick, and Terrence Jones. In order to get a true impact player like everybody is clamoring for, I'd expect to lose two of those assets. One could bring you back another solid rotation piece. Everything else falls into the category of either just salary filler like Dorsey and Shved or sweetener like Capela and the Knicks 2nd rounder.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Morey turned over GM responsibilities to CF around lunchtime one day and we traded him away for a 30 second rental of a ham sandwich.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol, I forgot about the CF policy about the brool story cos, will ask him to get a pic or something next time he goes home. (we goto school outside of houston). He was pretty disappointed when I told him it could happen. I just don't see the rockets paying market value for Bev. , or what Bev. perceives his value is.

9. Sanity2disChaos

Give up Dmo/Johnson/Pap(who is underrated) and a 2nd if you can get Dragic from PHX and the Pelly Pick for West in Indy....

Dragic
    Harden
    Ariza
    West/Smith (1yr rental)/Jones
    Howard/Doresy/West

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I love Dmo's growth and play this season. But you can best believe Morey would trade him, even for Dragic. If Jones returns back to form, along with Smith, he might just take that gamble. Their is only two players I believe are not on the trades list, and that's Howard and Harden.

11. RCPM

RCPM Member

DO NOT TRADE D-MO PERIOD!!!!!

12. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

My best friend's mother's cousin once played with Britney Griners mom's auntie a pick up game.

That auntie has confirmed your statement

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

At this point I would keep DMO. He isn't untouchable by any means, but with Howard unreliable right now, I just feel DMO is too important to this team in terms of offering offensive and defensive balance.

To me key assets to trade are:
    NOP pick, TJones, Capella, NYK 2nd round pick. Canaan & Johnson as extras if needed.
    Terry, Kpap, Shved can be used as salary filler since they ALL are expiring.

I think with some combination of those items, and some luck, the Rockets can get a decent PG to add to the rotation.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Cool story bro, I doubt they were even 1st cousins. And I hear that Griner's mom's auntie's shot is whack.

Boom.

Toasted.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

finsraider, just saw your post. Totally agree with your breakdown.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

So just get Dragic for 4 months and let him walk? Nah I'd wait

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I do believe that Morey would trade DMo, he'd trade literally anyone if the deal was right, it's just that Gogi isn't enough to be worth trading DMo. Morey would trade Harden if the deal was right.

That said, DMo's value makes him essentially untradeable because you can't get equal, or even close value for him.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why not Dmo hasn't proving anything and has only one good season under his belt. Dragic is what we need right now. Another player on the wing who can create for himself as well as others. He also can knock down that 3 ball we love to shot. He is also one of the best finishers at the rim. Like I said Jones can give you what Dmo is given you and a little more.

I'm over here trying to figure out why you are over valuing Dmo.

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

One thing that I know after being a Rockets fan for my whole life and watching Morey operate....

We will sit around here and make all kinds of speculations about who we are going to trade for and who we will give up. Then the trade deadline will come and, most likely, it will be some other player that no one has even mentioned or thought about.

2 people like this.