1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Question!!

I just read that if the Rockets don't trade for a Dragic or Brandon Knight type player now then they won't be able to just outright sign them during the summer. The Rockets have to make a move now in order to get that players bird rights so they can sign that person and go over the cap. Kinda like the whole signing Bosh and then signing Parsons and going over the cap! Is this right? Has anyone heard anything like this? If this is true... And I think it is Cuz I read it from someone bima thug on Twitter. Then the Rockets are pretty screwed if they arent able to make a trade for a PG now.

2. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I respect a lot what Cyberx brings to the forum and I think that respect should go to a way where we don`t put things out of context or we go around trying to discover who he is. If he wanted to he would just put on his name and not a nick.

Also people is discovering that front office people are human. They go one way, then another. They are no robots, so they make comments, sometimes out of place. Just like anyone of us.

3. cyberx

cyberx Member

I can not believe people are so bent out of shape about this...

Morey would also like Lowery as his starting PG over Beverly...

Go start a storm over that... GEEZ.

4. bmd

bmd Member

How do you insiders even get information? I recently became friends with someone who is very close to somebody who is VERY high up in the Rockets' front office. But they'll never tell you anything. Hopefully they slip up just a tad and say something they shouldn't have... but I doubt it.

5. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

It`s funny, cause according to the logic on the last 2 pages we believe Morey prefers Ariza over Lebron.

It`s a comment, like any of us do.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Nobody is bent out of shape. Some just don't believe Morey would say something like that.

And it seems as if you are taking things personal again. No need to get bent out of shape behind people reactions to what you posted. Correct?

What type of response did you expect to get Cyberx ?

7. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

Confirmed. We are getting Lowry!

8. King901

King901 Member

They panic over anything. If he said he wants lebron over Aliza they'd probably cry about that too.

9. rogower

rogower Member

I respect this position. You may be right. Brandon Knight will get offered a max or near max salary this summer, and Khris Middleton, I bet someone offers him something like four years, $36 mil.

Seems like a lot... BUT, consider what salaries will look like under the next collective bargaining agreement. Salaries will skyrocket, the cap will go up 50%, team payroll will average $100 mil by 2018. Brandon Knight at five years, $65-$70 mil will seem like chump change. Everything is relative.

That is why I think Knight is staying put.

10. Dream Shake 81

I heard Morey likes gynecologists over Proctologists!

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Too bad he let Lowry get away.

Don't let the naysayers drive you off. I always look forward to your contributions.

It's just that some people think that doubting EVERYthing makes them, like, super smart.

I, for one, want to believe the Dwight tidbit because I happen to agree. Having to satisfy Dwight's need for the ball just bogs down the offense. Especially since he's hurt. Let him concentrate on defense, boards, and pick-and-roll.

Anyway, don't let'em "Batman Jones" you.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

People would start popping bottles if we were to get Lebron for Ariza. Come on man.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I don't believe anybody is trying to drive cyberx away. Dude brings good information to the GARM.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Again.. Cyberx doesn't need people taking up for him. He can handle it on his own. There are a few folks that need to leave him alone but for the most part I think people are pretty respectful to not get personal attacking him like some did in the past with Batman, Plow, etc.

Its in my nature, and the nature of alot of people in this world to question information through logic. It is what it is, and Cyberx is smart enough to understand that.

However, it doesn't mean that MOST PEOPLE here, including myself, do not fully appreciate what he brings to the CF community from at the very least an entertainment perspective. Even if he was just getting the information from a 4th, or 5th hand source, its still fun to here what folks are saying that is leaking out. We are the TMZ generation mind you.

Thank you Cyberx for telling us what you hear. Nobody is starting up a storm over the info, but please don't get offended if we discuss by using logic. You don't seem like someone who is just coming here to hear everyone tell you how great you are and that's it. You seem to enjoy discussion so please don't get offended by discussing the information rather than just accepting it as gospel.

#23494 dobro1229, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This type of talk is exactly what the team should want Dwight to hear. If you're Dwight and all you want to do is win then I would imagine having management and the coaching staff talk about how you're the key to winning it all and then telling you how to do it might make something click in your head.

I certainly cannot see how Dwight would be offended. It's already been stated publicly that they want less post up and more pick and rolls. It's no secret nobody (but maybe Dwight and Dream) like him calling for the ball down low.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

People who hate on and attack insiders are just losers with **** for brains. They are jealous that someone might have access to information that they so desperately want, so they try to tear them down in an attempt to discredit them. The rest of us with actual intelligence, take that information and make private deductions or conclusions of are own.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Oops! Not sure why I quoted you. It was an accident and my post has nothing to do with yours. Sorry!

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Can't be true then. Who's that guy?!:p

19. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Bima Thug. He writes on here sometimes. He's like a cap genius! Knows the ins and outs of all that has to do with the cap

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I taught him everything he knows. He's right about having to have their bird rights to go over the cap to sign them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.