1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Obviously, that's a no-brainer for us, but why does Milwaukee do that?

2. rogower

rogower Member

Agreed.

We need to look at each team's situation, from that team's perspective. Milwaukee is playing very well, under new ownership, brilliant new head coach (really, Jason Kidd is a coaching genius), Brandon Knight is his leading scorer, Kidd is a former PG and he enjoys coaching Knight. I am a graduate of the University of Kentucky. Knight is a GREAT kid, great family, all the intangibles.

I do think Milwaukee would be willing to trade Jared Dudley for a nice long term asset or two, though. And Ersan Ilyasova, they would give that guy away. Ilyasova for expirings, and nothing more, Milwaukee does that deal, all day long. John Henson, he's available for the right price, too. A package of Terrence Jones, the Pelucans first round pick, and Kostas Papanikolaou's expiring contract for Dudley and Henson, I think Milwaukee does that. Not sure that Daryl Morey does that, though, probably not.

3. CertifiedTroll

Not if the big man is actually big.

4. 4TT1L4

4TT1L4 Member

Would you trade D-MO for:
    a) Valanciunas ?
    b) Whiteside ?

5. markelliott1997

1 person likes this.
  6. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

Lawson would be a great fit

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Bucks motivation to move Brandon Knight is that he will be an RFA, will command a BIG payday that the Bucks might not want to pay. Middleton is also an RFA and will command a bigger salary increase. They like him a lot. They have Sanders' contract on the books. And Ersan's salary. They are a small market team.

If internally the Bucks feel like they would balk at Knight making 14M/year, then they might want to trade him NOW to get value - versus having him walk to LA/NY etc. That is where the Rockets come in with their NOP pick.

This is like the OKC/Harden scenario from a few years ago and there was Morey waiting...

8. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Middleton is a role player. They will let him and his 11 points per game go instead of Knight.

The Bucks are in the playoffs race, they have no reason to trade their best player.

9. stwo22

stwo22 New Member

Rockets Trade: Howard, Smith, Papanikolaou
    Brooklyn Trade: Williams and Lopez

OR

Rockets Trade: Howard and Papanikolaou
    Brooklyn Trade: Lopez, Jack, 2nd round pick

10. stwo22

stwo22 New Member

My Trade

Rockets Trade: Howard, Smith, Papanikolaou
    Brooklyn Trade: Lopez and Williams

Rockets Trade: Howard and Papanikolaou
    Brooklyn Trade: Lopez, Jack, 2nd round pick

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Are you a Bucks fan or follow the Bucks? The sense I got from Bucks fans is contrary to your point of view.

12. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

13. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

So I'm a Bucks fan because I called out your BS? How about instead of labeling me, you defend your proposal. I called you out with facts, what's yours?

14. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

15. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

To be fair a quick reading of the bucks forum and you can tell the general fan base isn't really that high on knight especially if it means having to pay him more than 10-12mm. There seems to be a lot of mixed feelings about him apparently. Not that what fans thinks determines what their GM does but it helps to know the general temperature for a certain player.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1367001&sid=8588642a00cfac879627a8b6f61cd3ef

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

For a, Yes. For b, I would be intrigued, but I would hold onto him for his offensive abilities, besides he isn't a bad defender either.

17. markelliott1997

18. dtitus1

dtitus1 Member

I love this trade. we need a point guard with some fire!

19. dtitus1

dtitus1 Member

20. Zbed

Zbed Member

I agree. IT is small but he gets buckets