1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lawson isn't walking through that door. :)

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

What did you think of my three team trade ?
    To Minny: TJones, Terry, NJohnson, Capela
    To Denver: NOP pick, two 2nd rd picks, Canaan, Kostas, Shved, Mo Williams
    To Houston: Lawson, Kevin Martin, Dieng

I know I'm reaching but I'm curious for who and reasons why they wouldn't do it

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Even if a package includes Dmo, an NOP pick, and anyone else not named harden or Howard and we'd be willing to take on a bad contract?

I probably agree with you. It still wouldn't be enough.

4. kemah

kemah Member

Morey will go after a defensive center. May cost us Dmo.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Doesn't seem like a bad deal in terms of fairness, actually. Far better than most that are brought up in this whacky thread.

I do think it's unlikely that 7 Rockets, plus the Pelicans pick, end up getting moved in a single deal, though.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It does seem fair but I honestly think Denver would want more than that for Lawson. The NOP pick wouldn't fetch you a player as good as him most likely.
    I posted another trade, I won't include the expirings or where the picks go.

Basically:
    Philly gets Dmo and Canaan but have to trade MCW And absorb McGee and Danilo. Hinkie covets dmo, they can handle a few bad contracts and theyll get a pick out of it

Denver unloads all their bad contracts for cap space, lose TyLawson but get MCW to join with nurkic Faried, their lottery pick cap space and maybe another pick

Minny unloads Kmart , loses Dieng but gets Tjones and nick Johnson

We have
    Lawson/Bev
    Harden/Martin
    Ariza/Brewer
    Smith/Hickson
    Howard/Dieng

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You want to trade away out 2nd best offensive option (7 footer) for Ty Lawson ...amidst all the Dwight uncertainty?

No thanks

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It would suck to lose Dmo but Dieng would be insurance for the Dwight uncertainty and adding Lawson and Kevin Martin to our backcourt.

You guys are sleeping on Lawson. If Denver were in the east they would have been in the playoffs and Lawson would be grouped with Wall Irving and Lowry.

And he's friends with Durant!!!:)

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Morey would consider Lawson to be that third star before he would say that about Dmo

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1) I could be wrong, but that seems like too much salary coming in. Hard to believe we could afford Harden/Lawson/Martin/Ariza/Hickson/Howard together.

2) As LosPollos said...I have a hard time giving up DMo, our only reliable 2 way big man.

It's an interesting idea, though. I like Lawson, just seems hard to get at this point.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Nah it would work. I tried it. You would just be giving up a ridiculous amount of players, most on expirings that would have to get cut.

I'd hate to give up Dmo too, but Lawson is much better and might help josh offensively. Plus our big man offense as a whole would improve with Lawson. And our bench? Kmartin and Bev and brewer and Dieng!

12. malakas

malakas Member

Hey guys. First post here. How much of an insider is Doc Rocket?
    I am a Bucks fan who also follows the Rockets and I can tell you our insider also told us that Henson is involved in trade talks. We also have been trying to get Lawson from Denver as well. So I can confirm that Denver is open to trading him. But they are looking for two firsts at least while unloading McGee.
    Knight would be the perfect fit next to Harden. We have failed to negotiate his extension so far and the difference is around 3-4 million. But Kidd and the owners love him. So we may be open to trade him but only for a very good deal.

Sanders is going to be bought out. He has played his last game for the Bucks but he wants the whole amount of the buyout and management won't budge. We may try to void his contract because he refuses to do the mandated rehab. The guy is a mess and just wants to get paid to do nothing.

3 people like this.
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for posting! First off, Doc Rocket is one of the more fairly reliable insiders on our site, as is CyberX apparently. About as solid as forum insiders can be, haha. :)

I wonder If a three way trade could be in the works, with you guys grabbing Lawson and the Rockets grabbing Knight/Henson, maybe with picks and goodies going to Denver.

Interesting.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

great insight, thanks for sharing with us

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sweeeeeeeet. Thanks for sharing.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think DM may consider Lawson to be a better player than D-Mo, but not to the extent of being a 3rd star. If Capela was developing rapidly along with Jones, the chances of using D-Mo in a trade package may be greater in exchange for Lawson.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The only people that thought (or think) Lawson would come at all (much less easily) are people living in "Wonderland".

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Posturing? Even with Lopez, that team wouldn't be a contender, maybe a 7th/8th seed, but definitely not a contender!
    They have a long way to go with that rebuild.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.