1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pistons 1/31/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Red three

Red three Member

Ariza don't play hard eveynite he is Shandon Anderson 2.0

2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Yes, the fourth quarter was full of good takeaways, even if the Rox had dug themselves too big a hole to get out of. If Canaan had knocked down half the shots he usually makes (not blaming him for the rust, it happens) it would have been a game.

I did not see what happened to Harden (my gaze went to Ariza who was shooting off Harden's drive, James just kind of vanished from my view behind the basket) and they refused to show a single replay. But yes, I was definitely worried.

#1122 CDrex, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Tougher to say then to do. Can you imagine stepping out of the plane into subzero temperatures? Then they have to get to their hotel/motel. The start of each and every game is a balance of conserving energy and turning it on when you need to. Sometimes it doesnt work out especially on the road. This is where the coaching staff comes in. It's just too bad that of this team is very insufficient.

4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

It's the NBA. Teams have good games and bad games. It happens. If the Clippers can lose to the Pels with Anthony Davis sitting out, and if the Warriors can lose to Utah, then I'm not going to push the panic button because the Rockets lose the second game of a back to back.

5. kemah

kemah Member

The best thing to take from the game was it was a great comeback. The worse was we ran out of gas at the end.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Why do people give you rep like this? Guess what? I'm commenting on it.

Anonymously? Maybe this is sarcastic but...

Any ways, I know that. That's not even what my post is about. I said earlier in the middle of the game "Just one of those games." I know.

EVEN STILL, a lot of "Contending" teams open up their bench during the regular season. There is a reason that when we put in fresher legs the team played better and almost came back. It really puzzles me why we go 7-8 players deep, (9 Recently with Jones back) like it is the playoffs. I bet it also helps build team camaraderie to play more of your players, that way they feel like they are actually contributing to the success of a team and not just warming the bench.

I mean we have 6 guys (counting Dorsey who won't play at all when Dwight comes back) who just don't see the court at all unless it is a massive blowout. I'm just challenging McHale...if it looks lie the team is getting out hustled, throw in some other guys. If someone's shot is off, try someone else. Maybe they are on that night? Only one way to find out...

Also, Mchale will get his criticism here. According to this logic no one deserves criticism. Whenever Josh Smith plays bad I'll just say "Josh Smith knows a lot more about the game than you do." so let him jack up threes. I'm using this logic, if Popovich does it then it is right.

7. NotChandlerParsons

There's like one or two super cranky McHale fans who take every criticism (or perceived criticism) of McHale personally. Don't worry about it.

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I really would have liked to have see McHale put in some fresh blood a little earlier in that game. I'm not sure what the deal was last night. Seemed like they just got all the bounces and made all the right moves. We were just a half step too slow, soooo many second chances off deflections that went their way.

Hate losing to scrub teams, but hopefully we learn from these things. We need to come out stronger, and Harden can't be so passive early in the game because if everyone else is cold, by the time he decides to take over, if he is cold (like the last 3 games) we are basically screwed.

Would like to see him take a shot at least by the 3rd or 4th possession. None of this waiting until like 4 minutes left in the qtr to take your first shot.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We don't necesarily need a scorer it would be nice but because our offense is read and react it would be helpful to have a playmaker if they can score fine but they need to be able to penetrate and kick.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Can't do that... our goon is also our center. lol.:eek:

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

lol 3 more seasons of mchale...

"in morey i trust" is fading fast for me.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

There also no true expendable goon on the team... Everybody is a solid contributor on this team and when the team is down 1 of them always steps up one way or another.. The possibility of contribution is very real on each and everyone. I dunno...

13. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Forget that it has been a long time since we had a game where the team gave effort and showed pride for an entire game. Yet it is not having enough scorers which is the problem.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I disagree, it's the coaching staff that is the problem. Not just McHale, but Bickerstaff and all his Looney Toons...

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why would you trade for a player that's not even playing. Missed well over half the season so far and you cats want to trade for him is ludicrous.

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

called NBA2K...

T_Man

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He starts playing Monday.

Let's be real, Rubio, Dragic or Lawson is an upgrade over Bev. I just think Rubio would be the better fit for the Rockets. Rubio controls tempo, can get the ball to players where they can be successful, and he can play defense. Rockets don't necessarily need a scorer, they need a PG that understands the game and can take the ball out of Harden's hands.

I don't know if Dragic or Lawson make Dwight better, but I think Rubio can. He understands the post game and how to get the ball to post players. With Rubio, Dwight will be getting the ball where he should be getting the ball: early with 2 feet in the paint. easy points.

If Morey can get any one of these three guys I would still be ecstatic.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Rockets need a PG who can knock down three pointers, create for himself and create for others. He needs to be able to play solid defense. Dragic and Lawson are the only ones who fits that bill. Rubio no sir, dude makes Rondo look like a lethal sharp shooter. Lol

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

But if we can't get hold of Dragic and Lawson, then 2 out of 3 aint bad?

Rubio can create for himself and others
    Rubio can play solid defence
    Rubio can't shoot :mad:

If we could get him without giving up anything significant, then it might be worth considering (of course, the drama of his 4 years $55mill might hurt)

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

McHale can be fired at any time. The only thing guaranteed is the money he will make.