1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kemah

kemah Member

Why would they give us Lawson?

2. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I feel like Daryl will go out and snag a backup center that can fill in and help provide shot blocking and rebounding. Here are a few guys that I think make some sense. No long term commitment, low salary guys on teams that are not competing with us in the West and may be moving on to other players.

Miles Plumlee
    Bismack Biyombo
    Ian Mahinmi
    Chris Anderson
    Jason Smith

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Plumlee and Dragic would be awesome.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I have a feeling we are picking up someone we aren't talking about.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That would be difficult to do, since we've talked about everyone.

I think Morey wants a center as insurance for Dwight. These mini me centers aren't going to cut it and Dmo is a fouling machine. Possibly Hill, since cyber says Morey already went after him before.

6. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Wtf are you smoking? You want to give up NY 2nd, Pelicans 1st, T. Jones, Papa, Sved and Cannan for Lawson?? That's by far the dumbest thing posted in this epic thread.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

They should rename this thread "Man I wish we could get X overrated player"

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maybe not the dumbest thing---we've sunk to some horrific lows in this thread---but it would be giving up way too much, yes indeed.

Hell, Papa plays pretty well when given playing time. Granted, if there's a trade, he ans Schved will go; that's obvious. But Papa at least hss some discipline and IQ, despite some rookie mistakes.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

only if it's mason plumlee and not the other one

10. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

My bet here is Lance Stephenson. He's like a poor man's Harden. You could start them both, or bring Stephenson off the bench as your third guard. And his contract has a team option for 2016, the "Summer of Durant". #flexibility

11. Mr Chuck Norris

I hope we can get Zeller or biyambo if we do.

12. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

According to Marc Stein, Nuggets have been pursuing a Hickson + McGee for Brook Lopez deal. Doesn't scream "rebuild" to me, doubt they are willing to give up Lawson UNLESS they can nab Reggie Jackson, making Lawson slightly more expendable.

Gut instinct is a Mo Williams type player, maybe Darren Collison depending on Sac's desire to move him.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Umm. Clearly you're one of the many posters that overrates our assets big time.

In that deal you're giving up literally only one rotation player who has only been in the rotation for two games mind you, for a huge upgrade at PG.

If you weren't willing to give up that for Ty Lawson then you wouldn't make a very good GM. Denver would turn that trade down.

1 person likes this.
  14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This. There's a reason Len & Wright have supplanted Miles in PHX's rotation.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I've been saying in this thread, I really doubt the Nuggets are going to trade Lawson or Faried. Sure, if someone offers a top 5 pick or a huge young upside player they will bite. Otherwise they are going to keep those guys for this season.

16. basketballholic

I am? Actually I'm reminding posters that trading for KMart is a risk because of the fact that his contract extends into 2016 and he doesn't stay healthy and productive he could become a drag on our 2016 cap space.

Yes.

No, I don't. I think recovering from a broken wrist on your shooting hand can and WILL affect your shooting for a while until you regain confidence. However long that takes I don't know. But it wouldn't surprise me if it lasted out this season and then he finally recovered his full shooting confidence in the summer. To pretend that recovering from a broken wrist is not going to affect a guy mentally and he's not going to have a recovery/adjustment time and process just isn't realistic. It's no different than guys trusting their knee after knee surgery to go up high and dunk or block a shot or to make certain cuts on the basketball court. Every player that's busted a knee will tell you it takes a while after the doctor pronounces them whole for them to regain full confidence to plant, cut, and jump off the leg that they busted the knee on.

Very possibly true if he maintains his production. But...what if he doesn't? His injury is a consideration here. To ignore it isn't reasonable.

Call out? You don't know what you're reading here. I didn't call him out. I simply asked if taking KMart on was part of a deal for Rubio, would you do it? A large contingency of posters here (probably you too) wouldn't trade for Rubio WITHOUT KMart......much less WITH KMart too.

Rubio doesn't have to shoot. It's not his game. He's a playmaker. But...he can finish just fine. And he's great at drawing fouls and getting to the line and knocking them down.

Overrated by me and many other basketball professionals. Rubio has been consistently rated by professional scouts everywhere as exceptional on the defensive end. Sorry you can't see it. By the way, I recently ran down my list of professional contacts to get an update on what they think of Rubio's defense. It was unanimous. He's a top 3 point guard defender when healthy. Sorry you don't recognize that. But I'll take their reports and my own eyes over your opinion on this one.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I hope morey does pull off a trade for Rubio. But I won't get my hopes up till leaks start coming out of a possible trade. I also trust morey to do what's best in morey we trust.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The more I think about it the more I feel Rubio is the best fit for us even though he can't shoot for ****. He is a playmaker and really good defender 2 thinks we really really need from the PG spot.

Like a 2% chance that happens though

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lance Stephenson would be interesting coming off the bench. That guy can create in the pick and roll for sure...

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Please define professional as it relates to yourself.

21. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Hell nooooo. Rubio + Brickers never work! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.