1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Injury] James Harden goes down holding his left knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vstexas09, Jan 31, 2015.

1. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Look at your 2nd and 3rd sentences....

"when did I diagnose anything?"

"rest an INJURED player."

Who is saying he is injured? Every person playing an 82 game season is nicked up... If the medical staff says he's ready to go, that's all you should concern yourself with as a person in the medical field.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Ok, dude....seriously back up there. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you may not know, but (Per Bull on the broadcast) the rockets didn't release anything official stating an injury (kind of like how they didn't say much about Dwight's knee for the longest time and still aren't) but most around the organization know that his knee is bothering him. Pistons broadcast said the same thing tonight, they classified it as a "Knee contusion" ---but I'm not sure how much weight to put into that. Now he returned to the game with what was called a "knee bruise" in the other knee. If the injury alarm in your head isn't already going off, I don't know what to tell you. To you, it may just be "a bump here and there"---but in doing so, you are the one that is trying to classify it into a category. If you want to take the route of blindly putting your faith in our training staff given the history of this team the last decade, thats YOUR choice...but don't go telling people they should or shouldn't be worried, or if they think a couple of games isn't worth the potential rest given everything that has happened to us. After the Blazers (maybe more so) we have been the most injury riddled team in the NBA. To have a player like James Harden play for us is a blessing and something we should take seriously. It is a complete risk/benefit evaluation given what has been told to us by the broadcast teams (who don't just make crap up btw).

1 person likes this.
  3. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

I didn't say you should or shouldn't be worried. I said you should know better than to use pseudo-credentials to recommend a course of action for professionals with first-hand knowledge of a player's injury situation. After becoming a resident, I'm sure you won't appreciate people doing that to you when you recommend a treatment and/or diagnose a patient.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Dude why the hell are you trying so hard to pick a fight? The guys initial post said basically the same crap any fan whos watched hardens last few years thinks. Dude needs rest. Instead you and some other guys are going back and forth with these stupid armchair remarks. Give it an effing rest

5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

The first course of action used with idiots and morons is patience, the 2nd is usually ignorance as stupidity tends to make its way around like a plague. I think you know which one I am going to proceed to. I will leave you with a piece the next time you want to run in on a conversation and pull out your "they taught me that in 7th grade science bit"---read everything someone has said. Don't pick out an individual post without reading the context of what was said before. Nothing I said had the markings of an individual trying to press credentials (I don't have any at this point--and I made sure to note that) to push a point, if you read my post I even said "not saying you should take what I said because of that, what I said was extremely fundamental"---That essentially means that I am responding to the claim of being a webmd/googler , while proclaiming independence about what I am about to say, from it--because it is, well, fundamental. I apologize for the fact that this is was too hard for you to understand, while feeling sympathy for your lack of ability to do so at the same time.

Your rep comment (if you were the one that left it there) was extremely juvenile. While I would love to have it, I am reporting it as this site is probably better off without you having the ability to do so--- or maybe just better off without you entirely. What you HaveToDo--to CF--is probably stop posting.

Guh'Day' and welcome to ignore.

1 person likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Exactly, I thought it was so blatantly obvious that I was puzzled for a bit. Wish I read this before wasting my time responding to the troll.

7. kemah

kemah Member

I am jumping on the bandwagon and think we should rest him till after the all star break.

8. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Just to let you know, I never have or will do the passive-aggressive feedback or ignore thing. I don't mind being on your ignore list predicated upon your "2 years removed from MD" crap. You're not the only educated person on this forum chief.

1 person likes this.
  9. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

The roller coaster that is the last 10 years of being a rocket fan.

Getting another creator so that the burden is not all on Harden to have to play 40+ a night is a must more than it has ever been.

Why in no way am i saying Harden is severly injured, TMac's injuries to me were more freak, Harden is just showing wear and tear of having to bust his ass to do all he can to get wins. Way more of a physical burden to be the man when you dont have a Durant or Westbrook. Rockets dont even have the poor mans version of those creators.

Ariza is spent too, that play where he got chase down blocked tonight is just etched in my head.

Meanwhile we trade Asik(who would be nice right now) for a nice pick asset that is just collecting dust. Need to cash in.

10. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

McFail is going to run Harden into the ground.

11. BullsFan123

BullsFan123 Member

If Harden's injury is no more than the normal wear and tear over a season, keep him in there. However, if he's compensating for an injury, get him out of there and forget about playoff seeding. I've seen it happen to Rose :\

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

And yet you here you stand..talking smack at someone who has you on ignore :confused:

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Whats the latest on Harden's knees?

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Can McHale please rest him? Playoff seeding won't mean **** if Harden and Dwight aren't playing.

15. ohmarioyes

ohmarioyes Member

He looked fine at the Houston Cougar basketball game.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Rox won't make the playoffs if Harden isn't playing... Maybe if they still had Lin, he could work with this group fo sho...

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kevin McHale said James Harden did not practice today (knee bruise)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/562338636960505857">February 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. wgray

wgray Member

thats fine rest him

19. Mr Chuck Norris

Good rest him. Don't really care about seeding at this point.let him come back after all star weekend.

20. rocketblood713