1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Great game by Dmo. Loved the rebound total a lot.

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Any of you guys think he's nursing an injury? His moves are not as fluid and quick as before.

Maybe it's just me.

3. kemah

kemah Member

lol

I don't think so. I pretty much think it is the competition and travel, etc. The whole team seems a bit off to me and probably due to Harden.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

26-12 very nice.

DD

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I like how the bench is surging at this point in the season... Smith and Brewer are beastin right now. I love how the energy immediately goes up when the bench comes in. Bev has really slipped in his decision making AS A PG! Besides james, DMO's been my favorite player on the rockets thus far.

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

In my opinion, YES!..... I have been feeling like this for a while thou. I just simply feel more comfortable with him scoring than any other Rocket in the team not named Harden. DMO is the type of player SA seems to always find. Crafty euro with strong fundamentals and a great feel for the game. His post moves are crazy and he is just getting started. He does not rely on his athleticism to be successful. I think we have something special here, please don't trade him. This guy is the real deal....

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I feel like his Hi-Low passing is the best thing for our offense. It opens ups so much. He's really fluid with too; no hesitation getting dwert or smoove the ball for easy buckets. Ive also felt that he was our most indispensable player next to 13 for awhile now too. It's onward and upward for this guy.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

He just does so much right...... Very rarely does a player come along that you can tell has passion for the game on both ends of the floor. On top of the post moves, defense, offense and passing he has something very few players in this era have. Confidence, he is not afraid of missing. If he continues to improve this guy could be something very special. I honestly do feel like he is our 2nd best player after Harden.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He's no longer just an X factor. He is integral to the Rockets success.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Playoff intensity is another matter. We will wait and see.

11. nobie

nobie Member

Kinda impressive that DMo managed to turn his 3point shot around, i guess hes really giving his all in practice.

12. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Dang, he beasted tonight. I guess he wasn't blowing smoke last year when he said that he could play and deserved minutes.

13. Normalus

Normalus Member

Didn't Morey tweeted he makes 200 3's every practise?

14. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7Az_RWyw7II" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Remii

Remii Member

Asik, D-Mo, and TJ... Morey already had a front court. He just should have been patient.

16. omgTHEpotential

Remember when DMo was asking either to trade him, OR give him some minutes? He knew what was up.

17. vator

vator Contributing Member

26 and 12! Now this is more like it and what I'm talking about. These are the kinds of numbers TJ has shown capable of putting up every now and then. DMo needs to have more games like this where he is the best player on the court for an evening. I loved watching that. Hopefully he can build on this. I've been impressed with his consistency overall, but in order for him to be truly be mentioned as an untouchable player, he has to show that he has these types of games in his back pocket. The ability is there so it is up to him to make it happen. He has to go out there with the mentality that he is going to dominate his opponent. I didn't like how he had that breakaway run at the rim in transition and kicked it back out to Pat Bev. We ended up getting no points that possession. He should have tried to tear the rim down. Be more aggressive big guy. He should be like this is Harden's team, but right now with Howard out I'm next in line to eat.

18. ambugb

ambugb Member

Cpt'ain Hook
    [​IMG]

Somebody should change this photo and put Rockets team faces lol
    [​IMG]

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Dwight down before that Laker game, and he simply hasn't been the same player since. It also just about coincided with D-mo's touches.

Since then the Rockets are 17-4 when D-Mo has 10+ FGA. We are 7-8 when he has less than 10 FGA

Get him the damn ball, I'm just sayin.

1 person likes this.
  20. vator

vator Contributing Member

This time with Howard out will be a crucial time for DMo, Josh Smith and TJ. I'm not happy that Howard is injured and I hope that he will come back strong after the All Star break, but I must admit that I'm looking forward to seeing what those other 3 guys can do with extended minutes and touches. Our makeshift front court has been playing very well overall. Three highly skilled big guys.