1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's good that he could score 16 despite not being able to hit his go to hook shot. For whatever reason, it just wasn't falling, if it's money like usual, the Rockets win in blowout fashion and he scores 20+ easy.

2. kemah

kemah Member

lol

If we want a PG upgrade Dmo will certainly have to be in the trade. Big 7 footers that are capable offensive and defense are a lot more rare than PG's. It is according how bad we want Dragic or a Lawson as an example.

3. acesup

acesup Member

I'm pretty sure that he will not be traded at least for this season. He has been producing well for this team. He has done things on the court than it is said in the stats sheet. Someone said that Dmo gets pushed around by other players. It is not happening that often. At the moment we can see Dwight getting faked more ofter. Still coming back to the Dmo defense. He is currently ranked 4th in the league according to charges taken. The only players to be in front of him are Lowry, Cousins and Speights. To end up, I am very happy that moves the ball well. It really helps the Rockets to move the ball quickly outside the arc.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Its not just about on the offensive end.

Dmo's problem is on rebound, and rebound, and rebound.

The Mavs ranked 21st in the league for rebounding and Chandler was grabbing rebounds from Dmo left and right and over him.

Dmo can't jump and just have very poor skills/instinct to box out for rebounds.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I don't see Motiejunas getting traded. He has been playing so well and working for this team and has helped the team win a lot. I'll be shocked if he did get traded.

6. kemah

kemah Member

lol

I don't see him getting traded either. Morey will do better to wait until the off season and get a FA playmaking guard. I am just saying that if we want a top playmaking guard now it will cost us a good player and Dmo is who teams will ask for. I wanted to know from the ones that are always pining for Dragic if giving up Dmo was worth it. That is what it would take to get them to trade Dragic to us.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's not a center, he was a PF playing center against the 4th best rebounding center in the NBA.....kind of hard to expect him to do all that well.

8. elainas

elainas Member

Double double in less than 23min, not bad even know it celtics

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DMonster is becoming ......

10. conquistador#11

he is becoming like the glorious arvydas.

11. Progs

Progs Member

What a beast. Untouchable.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope Morey and Les will retain him, even if Goran or Lawson are offered in return for him.

13. kemah

kemah Member

lol

We have to have a center. Unless everyone expects Dorsey to handle it in the playoffs.

14. rocketblood713

He has to keep this up in the post season you can't be good during the regular season then shrink when it matters that goes for a couple of other players too

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

BIG time performance tonight. And damn, did we need it.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Has D-Mo become our 2nd best starter?

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We do need a better center than Dorsey, but our need for another playmaker/scorer is more acute. I like Goran, but we don't need to go all the way with Dwight being out. Lawson would be a good fit, but it may be more useful to retain D-Mo and pickup a cheaper PG like Mo Williams at the same time.

19. kemah

kemah Member

lol

I agree with that. We have a few weeks left to see what Morey brings us before the deadline. After that it is whatever we have is what we run with to the end. I would hate to lose Dmo TJ or whoever. I am just wanting it to come and go so we can get this over with.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Best game of the year from him, easy. Great performance.