1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/30/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2015.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Ok...let's remember this conversation and revisit it later in the tear...I hope to be WAY wrong. Just concerned the Laker's lost in 4 games in P.O. 2 years ago, first round exit for us last year, and a bunch of bench time this year....let's hope he takes all the time he needs and is a difference maker whenever he returns....I personally have serious doubts. Again, hope I'm very wrong !

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he has a poor shooting game and people think he is injured, it happens to the best of them

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We're going to get straight murdered on the glass, a 20 rebound differential isn't even that unlikely

4. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

you a laker fan or something? lol

you know what? with this coach and d12's knee, I don't think we get past the 2nd round if not the 1st round.

I think the warriors, clippers, and griz are better than the rox but I still can enjoy the season. I like how morey keeps finding guys and we keep evolving. as long as that happens, I'm good.

5. AuburnRocket

Actually, I can't stand the Lakers...PERIOD. I have been a Rockets fan since I graduated from High School in Pasadena,Tx. I have lived in Alabama since 1971. My best Rocket memory is my wife and I watching them beat the Knicks in Game 7. We stayed at a hotel just down from the Summit on the top floor. Traffic came to a stand still on both the feeder and the freeway. Incredible moment. Living in Alabama, I am unable to see Rockets games in person but follow every game nonetheless.Yeah, I'm afraid you are right about the warriors,clippers and griz...possibly 2 or 3 others. I likewise will enjoy the season but the players get paid real money,big money, to perform...even though it's a game. Can't go deep without dh12....so I'm good too.

6. Nook

Nook Member

HE IS HURT. He has tried playing hurt. He has played as many minutes as they have wanted without complaint. He hasn't been anything other than a good teammate since he has been here. Hell he was the only Rocket to show up last year in the playoffs.

As far as Kobe's comments... Using your logic Kobe is a p***y for not playing.

Injuries suck... It wasn't Yao's fault when he was hurt, wasn't Bogut's fault, or Cousins' or Gasol's... and it isn't Dwight's. **** happens.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

All of the people advising patience with DMo were right. I was dubious about him for a long time, but he has really blossomed this year.

8. AuburnRocket

Definitely agree with your Kobe assessment. Was reading House of Houston website, it says inflammation in the knee. I realize injuries happen but ultimately you value is determined by what you bring to the table.We shall see where things go from here.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

He lost a step from the knee thing I think. Was having trouble getting past guys like he normally does.

10. RocketTownHou

RocketTownHou Member

The good thing in all of this with Dwight's injuries is that we're finding ways to win against the teams we ought to beat. Even when Harden is quiet. But that 3rd quarter tonight was scary. I'm glad it was against Boston.

The bench is now playing better than the starters it seems.

McHale and his staff have got tofigure out a way to cultivate the talent on this team. With Howard at full strength (if that happens) and T. Jones great upside, we have the talent to play with Golden State, Atlanta, and Memphis, but can it all be put together like a well-oiled machine? That's the question for me.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Great to see Smith and DMo step up with Harden having a bad game.

I don't envy Morey, the Howard injury really muddies what to do at the trade deadline. A healthy Jones, DMo, Howard, Smith and you trade one for a PG upgrade.

Now who knows....

12. AuburnRocket

Agree with you. The Rockets are indeed playing better....than even when Howard was out there. I don't know if it's a chemistry thing or what but the parts don't flow together very well ..... dh12 is a great rebounder but he is doesn't have a lot of offensive moves. He definitely won't make anyone forget Hakeem.

Hope it is indeed the injury with him. I personally would like to see him appear more serious and not have everything be funny. More fire. Am loving the bench play. We need a distributor though... Gogi ? Lawson as a backup plan.

13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7Az_RWyw7II" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

According to a lot of posters on clutchfans it was T-Mac's fault when he was hurt though.

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Awesome game. Runs the floor, 3 point range, great in the post, and one of the better rim protectors in the league. Looks like he's beginning to be more aggressive on the boards as well.

He's got to be almost untouchable now.

16. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

thank you for the highlights

17. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

You do realize he tweaked his knee end of game against Dallas. Poster had legit question

18. dawesome

dawesome Member

Our schedule in Feb looks very tough. Lets see how ready we are. Its a test especially without Howard. TJ has to step up.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Career game for DMo tonight, and we needed it. Terrible 2nd half from everyone, we went full r****d out there.

Good to see Smith have another decent game except towards the end, Jones is still working his way back but had some nice defensive plays tonight.

20. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Gotta admit I was one of those guys thinking we should trade DMo a year ago but he has progressed nicely this year and this team needs him now more than ever. Thank you for making me eat my words DMo! :)