1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Edema

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gqgeo, Jan 28, 2015.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall there being pretty clear statistical evidence that we are a better team especially defensively with him on the court this season.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not since he came back from his injury and has been playing injured and half assed....

The team is better with Dwight on the bench if he can't go full speed.

It is just sad, feels very TMac-ish...

DD

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's the procedure. It's garbage. PRP has at least shown results. The hyaluronan injections don't do anything. I've had it done. The only reason why my knee felt good after that injection was because they injected lidocaine with it lol. That felt great until it wore off :eek:.

And btw I do think you are 100% spot on that Dwight's issues are more about bad fundamental mechanics than anything else. Once I started working on the mechanics of my knees my knee issues magically started to fade away. No more persistent pain. No more icing. No more swelling. I don't do too much running anymore because of my ankles (I've got tons of messed up joints lol), but I'm able to do jiujitsu 4+ days a week with no knee pain. The doctors told me my knee was ****ed for life too. Stupid mother ****ers. I hate surgeons. Proper physical rehab has done wonders for me. #rant

4. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Yeah I an sure you are very sad. Congrats on your boy Dmo getting a lot more play.

1 person likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If anything this is bad for DMo, it'll mean he has to play out of position more often.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think they're just exhausting all their options so they don't have to waste the season, but it may not be enough.

Yeah, I've been there. Most doctors aren't very good at looking for the root cause in these cases. It's usually drugs, braces, surgery, etc. It's like they get tunnel vision.

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

No, you're right.

8. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Well everyone wanted him to get all the post up plays and the only way that happens is with no Dwight. Thanks everyone.

9. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I always get edema and enema confused...

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Quit using facts and logic :mad:

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well that's not really the only way that happens, but if we have to pick between broken Dwight looking terrible and futily trying to post up over and over again vs him not playing, I'll take him not playing....but that's not optimal. It would be optimal to have him back healthy playing to his strengths, and that's not posting up.

12. delishman

delishman Member

That is correct. DD just more into anecdotes than stats.

13. DaDakota

Of course I am, I don't wish injury on anyone - and a healthy hustling Dwight makes us better.

Not the one that has been playing lately, obviously protecting his knee.....

That Dwight is just not very good.

DD

14. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Except Dwight season avgs were about the same as his career avgs. Maybe Dmo fans are seeing chit that wasn't there in their quest to get their hunky hero playtime.

15. kemah

kemah Member

lol

That is for sure but Fans of solo players rarely care about the team they profess to be fans of.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Well its pretty simple!

One of them you love getting, the other you hate getting. :)

17. Ashes

Ashes Member

A top 4 seed comfortably? In what world is the playoff race in the West ever comfortable?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If by "about the same" you mean "down across the board" then yeah sure. Dwight's numbers have been a little off all year long and in the 13 games he played in January he's been especially off averaging 13 points, 10 rebounds and less than a block a game with a 106 defensive rating....down from a career average of 18 points, 13 rebounds, and 2 blocks a game with a 99 defensive rating. But you know, I guess that's "about the same".

19. DaDakota

Exactly.

Let's all hope Dwight makes a complete recovery.

DD

20. kemah

kemah Member

lol

What is his season avg? Just asking as that is what I said. Or is it that he has one month downward so we should dump the guy? A month that included getting new players in and the need to gel.