1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

No game no life is a little too fukin weird for me

Tokyo Ghoul is good though

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i saw champloo too and enjoyed it. thanks fort he other suggestions.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Anyone watching the new season of psycho-pass? I loved the first season. Just curious if the second season is as strong as the first.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I enjoyed it, though it seemed to get pretty convoluted towards the end. Still, it did carry on the fantastic quality of the first season.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Just finished watching Attack on Titan. Really enjoyed it but there's still so many questions left unanswered. I heard there was an OVA. Has that been subbed? Can't find it on Hulu or Crunchyroll.

Also, does anyone know where the anime leaves off the manga and where I can read it?

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

TG is driving me crazy now. Nothing it going on...like nothing, and we're already 2 episodes in.

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Aldnoah was great.

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

You can torrent or download all of the OVAs here: http://www.animetake.com/anime/shingeki-no-titan/. The anime ended off in the middle chapter 33 of the manga.

1 person likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's as interesting, but don't expect to be blown out of the water. Had some disturbing/gory moments similar to the first season.

I think it's only 13 episodes long.

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Forgot to answer this part, sorry. Good place to catch up by reading online is here http://www.mangahere.co/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/ And mangastream, the best site for fan-translated manga imo, is posting the newer chapters here: http://mangastream.com/manga/attack_on_titan.

Of course, if you like it you should definitely support the official volume releases on crunchyroll, which you can find here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/attack-on-titan/volumes

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

everyone in SAO from that point on has huge boobs, but the story isn't as good.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

OK Aldnoah.Zero is confusing me. I'm not really sure what Slain's endgame is. I get that the princess is his everything, so why is he so angry at Earth? Is he just using Earth to destroy Mars from the inside? Is he just trying to destroy the Orbital Knights for trying to kill the princess?

So am I to believe that Inaho got his Aldnoah magics from a kiss?

In other news: I'm still watching One Piece on Toonami. My goodness I thought it was slow before, this joint is creepin' along.

13. rianzi

rianzi New Member

I'm a big anime fan. I've been watching anime since I was 6 years old . My first anime was sailor moon.
    My favorite anime are: Inuyasha,Trigun,Death Note,Bleach,Dragon Ball Z,Shinzo and Attack on titan.

14. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Baccano has to be the most underrated anime I've seen

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Slain said he is looking for equality for all, but not sure if he still wants to crush Earth in his vision of equality. I think he's definitely planning to overthrow the monarchy eventually tho.

I thought they had kept the princess' blood in a tube or something but apparently the combination of the kiss(activation) with the princess' blood mixing with Inaho's basically makes it so he can activate it. Doesn't make sense but this is anime after all.

Man I was watching One Piece but missed the last few episodes. Are they still doing all the main characters flashbacks one by one? They need to do a One Piece Kai or something to cut all that junk out and get to the good stuff.

16. Invisible Fan

Lost interest in Aldnoah with the rip off Season 2 beginning, and Tokyo Ghoul has been pretty thin on the plot. TG will deviate from the manga, so who knows how that'll turn out.

Not much mention for Parasyte but this has been my favorite of the bolded. Decent pacing, good gore and action (not for the faint hearted), and interesting concept/debate. The Parasite's voice reminds me of Hitman Reborn, so I kept on thinking of a ****ed up Tsuna and Reborn dynamic in the earlier episodes...

I'm glad the source material is finished so hopefully no BS fillers in the future.

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Trailer for the new DBZ movie:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HdkcNO3YqGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

akira toryama really knows how to screw people's childhood.

That being said, this looks better than the previous turds he turned out.

19. Invisible Fan

There's a chrome plugin called AllMangasReader that puts all of the pages on one screen and preloads the next chapter.

Also tells you when the chapters updates.

Highly recommended.

1 person likes this.
  20. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Finished attack on titan amaze balls