1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] "Ghostbusters" Reboot - All female cast

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dback816, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Ghostbusters was lighting in a bottle. GB II was garbage, but this reboot will be even worse.

2. rianzi

rianzi New Member

I hope its good.

3. Cranberry_Juice

[​IMG]

4. what

what Member

Who would you rather have: Louis CK as Egon, Dave Chappelle as Winston, Adam Sandler as Raymond? And Will Ferrell as Peter, lol. This female cast is MORE iconic than any male lead cast that you could get.

5. Asian Sensation

Sounds like a Pr0no movie.

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

When I think 'comedy icons', Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones are definitely the names that first come to mind.

Some of the Apatow regulars would have worked, and would have had far more marquee value. Chris Pratt's obviously a hot name these days. Hader and Sudeikis would have been fine.

I didn't watch any of the Ghostbuster movies until college so there's no real nostalgia for me wrt the series. So I don't really care. But it's not like there weren't plenty of actors who could have played those roles successfully (and who would be major box office draws).

7. what

what Member

I'll give you Leslie Jones (she's pretty new), but if you don't know Kate McKinnon, you will. This chick has been killin' it at SNL since she got there.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This would have been awesome ten years ago, but testament to these guys' integrity, they'd never do it.

9. what

what Member

lol, integrity: half of these idiots you worship were in grown ups and grownups 2 (or wish they were in it). will ferrell, what is he doing making old school 2? or jackie moon the saga continues?

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Scratch off Adam Sandler and that's a cast worthy of a remake.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Meh supposedly all the roles were offered to chicks from the view first but they turned it down... Too bad... Would have be hilarious.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The integrity of not attempting to replace other relatively contemporary comedians' work or roles. Sandler and Ferrell develop a lot of their own films and Chappelle and C.K. have to write almost everything they do, so ownership and originality are important enough them to avoid co-opting stuff by living, active colleagues in the same genre.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Louis C.K and Dave Chapelle would not do a ghostbusters. These guys usually do something out the ordinary or something R rating. Heck, Half Baked sequel, would be cool to see.

14. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Ghostbusters was dope. When I was a kid, we my parents never bought us VHS tapes brand new (cause we were poor). They'd just buy blank tapes and record movies at my grandmother's house (because she had HBO). Long story short, growing up we had about 7 cassettes in the collection, 2 to 3 movies each taped on them. Ghostbusters shared it's space with Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Teen Wolf. Needless to say, we watched that tape about 50,000 times. I still will stop on Ghostbusters it whenever I see it on Comedy Central or something. It's a perfect piece of comedy, especially if you were a kid in the 1980s. I would even call it sacrosanct.

But nobody is messing with my Ghostbusters... with OUR Ghostbusters. Nobody is opening the old movie up, George Lucas-style, and dropping in a CGI'd Melissa McCarthy then removing the original cut of the movie from all existence. That bull***** Dennis Quaid/Julliane Hough movie didn't taint the memory or legacy of Kevin Bacon. Robocob, Total Recall, The Bad News Bears, Carrie, Clash of the Titans, Fright Night... seeing these bastardizations of the originals ruins NOTHING for me because I still have those originals tucked away in digital format to last forever and be rewatched a million times.

My point... who cares? Ray, Egon, Venkman, and Winston forever.

15. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Any dudes still butthurt about this can go cry into their DVDs of the 32,000 Hangover/Apatow/Sandler "four white straight guys making dumb jokes" films that have come out over the last 20 years.

Leslie Jones made me laugh harder than anyone ever has when I saw her at the Comedy Store a few years back. This movie is going to be fantastic if Feig does it right.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

White chicks and gays have been making brain dead romantic comedies and reality TV for the last twenty years so if and when this fails maybe they can cry into those laserdiscs. I don't know what a Leslie Jones is but I remember Carlin in Bill & Ted and Pryor and Carvey in Moving, so I wouldn't bet the farm on this turning out that great. Maybe if they switch her out with that autistic Shlesinger chick and she goes topless it might help.

2 people like this.
  17. what

what Member

you don't know what Leslie Jones IS? but you remember Carlin in Bill & Ted and Pryor in Moving, so you won't bet the farm this is going to be great.

I follow you my man. Great logic there.

18. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO repped

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Good comedians performing badly in weak movies, pretty easy to follow, slick.

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.