1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Why are you lying? Ariza is our best defender.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

That was a Mavs fan from the Mavs forum on Parsons.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

For some reason I feel the same way, and have ever since he left.

4. PeppermintCandy

I assumed Cuban to mean that Fegan asked for and got a deal that was shorter but not necessarily less money overall. (See bold part)

This would hurt Houston's chances to resign Parsons, while Parsons makes the same amount in one fewer year.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

When Ariza is missing an open dunk, you can count on him to make it up with his defense. When Parsons is grabbing just 1 reb a game, all you can really do is wonder why the **** is he making 15M a year. You're making a false comparison that Parsons on offense=Ariza on defense, and this is no where near true. Ariza is one of the best wing defenders in the league, maybe he bricks it up now and then but at least you can put him on Lebron or Kevin Durant and while he can't shut them down (who really can?) Ariza will make it hard for even those guys to score. Parsons is barely an above average scorer, when he comes up against a good lock down SF defender his FG% immediately tanks, as can be seen when Batum abused him in the playoffs. Add to that his porous defense and lack of rebounding and you see why opposign star SFs have a field day against Parsons, they abuse him on both sides of the ball.

And we're not event talking about the $$$, Ariza as everybody should know by now is making only half of what Parsons does. Twice the player and half the price, Ariza>>>>>>>>>>>>Parsons.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Your logic sometimes confuses me DD. First of all you talk about Parsons defensive ability in his ROOKIE year, that's what 3 years ago? But then again just a few days ago you were talking about how DHoward was washed up when he just beasted in the playoffs less than a year ago. So in less than a year DHoward goes from hero to washed up while Parsons is better than Ariza because he was an amazing defender 3 years ago. :confused:

On parsons playing defense, maybe he got a pass last season but how come even now he is still a horrible defender? Maybe Mchale let him get away with it but there's no way Carlisle wouldn't have asked Parsons to play defense. I'm pretty sure he's being asked to play defense for the Mavs, he jsut isn't able to do it anymore or he's just too lazy. I mean in his rookie year he woudl average like 2-3 tip dunks, I don't think he's had one the last 2 years.

7. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

He just really likes white basketball players.

8. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

DD is a white supremacist. Posts on Stormfront all the time.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Howard is injured and not the same as last year, Parsons can play defense. I will ignore the ignorant baiting comments.

DD

10. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

What the hell is wrong with you? troll

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

DD doesn't just cheer for white players. He also cheers for Euros like Motiejunas and black players like Jordan "The Man" Hill.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Uh, back on topic: C.P. doubled his rebounding output to 2, and he shot very well tonight, but he was -11 for the game, and the Mavs lose their third straight.

Just sayin. :)

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

See ya.

1 person likes this.
  14. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I think the comment was tongue in cheek based on the previous comment.

Maybe we all need to get our sarcasm meters checked:confused:

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He put the effort in, but he wasn't really a good defender, effort can take you so far, but there's only so much you can do with slow acceleration, slow lateral speed and shortish arms. As soon as he had any role on offense, his defensive intensity dropped, which isn't abnormal, but he was coming down from a low ceiling and resting somewhere in the pits of a lowish floor. I think part of it might have been our perception too, he was replacing Budinger, who was one of the worst defenders I've ever seen.

16. baubo

baubo Member

At what point can we stop referring back to Parsons' rookie year to say he can still play defense? He doesn't have the coach excuse anymore because he now plays for Carlisle and not McHale. He doesn't have the contract excuse anymore since he got his money. He doesn't have the minutes excuse anymore because he's not playing 40 mpg now. He doesn’t have the focus-on-offense excuse of Harden because he’s the 4th or 5th option on the team.

Every external excuse for Parsons’ defense is gone, and he’s still a mediocre defender. At this point, Parsons is who he is.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DD LOVED Dan Langhi too... :grin:

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dwight was injured last year too, infact his knee injury was probably worse last year. With Parsons he is under pressure to perform because of his contract and he has a top level coach who would have asked him to play defense so if he's still bad at D now I dont think he'll ever be good. Yeah maybe he has the potential to be a good defender but he isnt willing to do the dirty work to actually defend.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

DD was Von Wafer's biggest supporter here.

20. BabySeal

BabySeal Member

Can't we all just get over the Ariza/Parsons comparisons and just be happy we have one of them. I mean even if Parsons is better, it's not like he is on a different level. We found a wing defender, which was essential. If Ariza's shot comes back we have exactly what we need in a small forward. I say if, but I'm pretty confident it will be back. NBA players just don't lose their ability to play the game in one season (almost instantly.) Unless we're talking what happened to the legends in Space Jam, which is almost as rational as some of the arguments in this thread.