1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Bands of All-Time (In Your Opinion)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cwebbster, Jan 22, 2015.

1. what

what Member

Honestly I don't hate any band. But a group that I really don't care for that much is: Cross Canadian Ragweed

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Red Hot Chili Peppers

/thread

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Pink Floyd?

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

One of the few shows I've walked out of during SXSW in the past couple of years was Vampire Weekend at Stubb's. There was a god awful line of people trying to get in who had no idea what the band was about. I stayed around for 20 minutes to see if they were better live than on their albums and it didn't happen. I think I went across the street for a slice of pizza.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

one of my best friends was the merch guy for their last tour. and from what he told me is they treat everything like they do as a business. they dont really hang out together and as soon as the tour was over they went back to their "real passions" in life, whatever those are. i thought that was interesting.

as far as their music i have never really listened to them, except what they have played on the radio.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don't get how vampire weekend is huge, yet reptar is struggling. They sound like what vampire weekend is trying to be.

Anyways. The answer is nickelback.

Back in the day, I really hated say anything. My friends all liked them, but it just sounded like garbage to me.

7. Mr. Brightside

I've seen Reptar live. Opened for Phantogram I believe a few years ago. They have a sound similar to VW, although Reptar puts on a more enthusiastic live show. What VW has going for them is that they are from the indie music center of the world in Brooklyn/NYC whereas Reptar is from Georgia. VW captured that early East Coast trust fund kid audience and those folks are usually the taste makers in society.

8. TheresTheDagger

Backstreet Boys
    Nsync
    Bieber

/endthread

9. dragician

dragician Member

Once again, dave matthews band.

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

AnCo is not an easy band to get into but you have seriously not looked into bands from the '70s like the Osmonds or bands like Creed, Daughtry, etc? Just because you can't get into a band doesn't mean they are terrible. If everybody used that thinking that "difficult" music is terrible then there would be no free jazz, love for Schoenberg, or appreciation for Zappa and Captain Beefheart.

11. raj87

raj87 Member

Agreed on the early 2000's NuMetal. Horrible.

[youtube]YIqbdnaPcT8[/youtube]

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Ezra Koenig is one of the best songwriter's in the business. So you all cab take your Vampire Weekend hate and shove it up your ass.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, I don't think I hate any band (other than the obvious one's that everybody hates). There are a lot bands that I find over-praised, but I still like them.

If we expand it to rappers, then there are pretty much an unlimited number of them that are revered that I just don't get.

13. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I almost took you seriously until I saw the video.

14. Raven

Raven Member

Anything that mixes metal and rap, especially insane idiot posse.

15. The Drake

The Drake Member

Oh I'm a fan too, though I mostly just know what's on the radio.

They're far from "worst band" status, but I was listening to them one day and had a realization that they might be just a big, dumb, rock band that's not really worthy of all the critical acclaim. Admittedly, I haven't done any research to follow up this thought.

16. Mr. Brightside

Arctic Monkeys are one of the greatest bands of the 2000's. I will box your ears if you say otherwise.

17. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

18. Ras137

Ras137 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I think you meant Dirty Projectors. Easy mistake.

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Wings.....

[​IMG]

Paul McCartney, his wife Linda and a revolving door of drummers and guitar players?
    This closed the argument that John was better than Paul. Using the spoils of the Beatles
    was not enough to help Paul with this sorry attempt of a band!