1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/17/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2015.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Our defense was worlds better in November.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Gameplans and execution. They had a better one and we lacked.

3. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I think the only way the Rockets give up DMO in a package would be to get more than one player. If they were pursuing Lawson, they would send multiple players(shved,canaan, terry, papa, dmo, NOP pick) for Lawson and Affafalo

4. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

i noticed in the previous two games when the warriors tried to pass inside the paint, the ball was either stolen, swapped away, etc. which resulted in a turnover, but this time around, they were able to do backdoors, easily pass to their bigs on inside during halfcourt sets and on the break.

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

Is it just a coincidence that our worst game against them was when Howard actually played? How is it that our defense actually sucked more with him?

And notice that we gave them a much better game when Isaiah Canaan was starting.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Guys, this is the game plan, they're going to sneak in as the 6th seed, and win the championship to honor the 95 team. We'll have Hakeem and Clyde come out and do their iconic high-five!!! And have it replicated with H&H doing it! It'll be so awesome!!!

By Houston aiming for the 6th seed, most teams won't give real effort, and we can start playing Harden/Howard less mins, it'll be perfect come playoffs when they turn it on!!!! Oh and Harden will lose the MVP, but it'll drive him to do better against curry/Thompson I'm the WCF! And Howard will turn it on and avg 30 and 15! It'll be classic Rockets!

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

For Lawson they'd have to give him up. For Dragic they might but shouldn't. Dragic is a FA... He could leave the Rockets, or anyone else. Given that the Suns should t have a ton of leverage. But it only takes one dumb team. And also the Suns can bluff their way into saying they'll just keep him.

But in shirt, no I wouldn't trade DMo for 2 months of Dragic. I would do Jones and Pelicans pick... And if you have any confidence Jones will get back to healthy... That's a ridiculous haul for the Suns for an expiring player

8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I had a bad feeling about this game shortly after tip-off when the Rockets threw a lazy pass and Thompson stole it for an easy dunk. I knew right there the Rockets did not come ready to play, and how can you not come ready for the best team in the NBA.....smh

It's not about losing it's HOW you lose.

9. jonkey86

jonkey86 Member

Even tho Dwight had the numbers, he was still pretty awful, he needs to stick to defense and pick and rolls, I get heartburn everytime he posts up.

10. HHT

HHT Rookie

All we need is a better coach, a coach who uses 10-player rotation instead of 8, who can give us a structured offensive, who has quicker reaction to what is happening on the court, and who could be mean to their defense-lazy star players.

11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

it's baffling to me that we didn't post up DMo on Green (what is that a 5-6in height advantage?) but 1 or two times the whole game.

12. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Wow. Our team is Jeckyll and Hyde at the moment.
    The easy layups we allowed GSW was really concerning.
    But if 1 things for sure, we need someone to take the pressure off Harden if we have any chance and to provide another outlet. They choked him last night. (No disrespect to Harden).
    Love the depth we've been building, but there's 1 piece remaining and as much as I like Beverley, we need to upgrade the PG spot.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Now can you post all the games we won without Dwight, Beverley, and Jones? That is not a legit argument to use for another team when at one point we were down 60% of our starting lineup and was still winning. It's like we want to forget those key pointers when it comes our team but give other teams credit for winning without a key player. I just don't understand that at all.

Yes last night was very uninspiring.

14. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Coach really makes the difference in this game. I wish Mark Jackson were still the Warriors head coach which we used to beat them all the time.

15. Remlap

Remlap Member

Yes, let's not forget about the Clips jumping through hoops to add that missing piece, Austin Rivers. lol.
    HEY! That name sounds familiar.....Rivers....where have I heard that name?

Sounds like Daddy is going to make sure his boy stays on a roster and gets paid. Way to take care of your boy even though it IS painfully obvious.

16. OpportunityCost

I co-sign this. The same lame response all of the time. "Not enough energy" "Need to play harder" blah, blah, blah.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Interesting take.

It would absolutely suck if we gave up D-Mo for Dragic and he bolted out for another team next year. I cannot imagine a trade without some sort of guarantee from Dragic that he would sign a long term extension with us.

I really like D-Mo, but I love Dragic's game. He has brings it every game in a position that we desperately need. IMO, Dragic is like the grease that makes engines hum along. Without it, at least in a team like ours when Harden is off, we are disfunctional.

18. dawesome

dawesome Member

As far as I remember, I haven't seen Harden play well when Dwight is putting good numbers. As a result, most of the time Rockets lose. What I feel is, when Harden plays well, Rockets win...

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

lmao at the comparison of the rockets to a "championship" team, this team is probably 1st round fodder.

20. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

hes doesnt bring it every night.... he was terrible when we played them decimated ...btw DMO played that game as a starter and was instrumental in the win and suns played the terriblest basketaball i have seen lately in that one game...no playmaking just chuking 3s over hands of defenders...