1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Music] What really popular band do you dislike?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mikus, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If the Killers are popular, sign me up for hating them too

2. redglare92

redglare92 Member

I don't have anything against this band personally but those "___________ loves Nickelback" signs at sporting events are the best.

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Maroon 5, Nickelback and Fergie lead Black Eyed Peas.

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Kiss

Can some of you old heads tell me how in gods name this simple basic band got so famous.

Defend your sh-tty tastes Boomers!

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

six pages in

see...nobody hates Phish and Trey!

and before anyone says they are not "really" popular, read these ticket sales numbers, and remember they are notorious for low prices

http://blog.priceonomics.com/post/48216173465/the-business-of-phish

#105 heypartner, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Really? You thought everyone here would love Maroon 5 and Nickleback?

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Surprised the Pearl Jam hate is this strong. First 4 albums were classics (yes, No Code) IMHO.

8. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I have a Pearl Jam exception: Yellow Ledbetter is pretty much one of my favorite songs by pretty much anyone, pretty much ever. I also like their cover of "Last Kiss." Beyond that, I just can't stand that band.

I'm with you on Springsteen. I wouldn't say I hate him, but I've never understood the adoration and adulation heaped upon him.

Slayer haters can eat a devil-horned dick.

\m/

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Surprised to hear pearl jam and nirvana, these bands are not popular anymore.

Bullets for my Valentine
    Lamb of God

A lot of people I know who like metal like these bands, I don't care for them too much.

10. HoustonCH73

HoustonCH73 Member

Five finger death punch. They just seem so "Las Vegas machine produced".

11. PASTORofMUPPETS

Sorry to rip on the home team but I personally can't stand Blue "balls" October.

12. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Mumford and Sons. Dave Matthews Band. Alt-J. more i cant think of

also don't like a lot of these EDM artists that are popular nowadays. Partially because the music is bad, partially because I really like music fests and fests have been booking them in place of talented and better acts, and they draw out the worst people to the fests. Bassnectar, David Guetta, and Zed's Dead (i saw them at this with Tyler the Creator and Big Boi, didn't know who they were, and they were ****ing AWFUL) are the three that come to my head but theres more.

not to say I hate all EDM acts, I've found a few I like

13. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Blasphemy!!!

Part of the problem is that music journalism is awful.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

i'm just not feeling any of it

15. rudan

rudan Member

This.
    Moron 5 is douche bag music

Nickelback is Canadian trailer trash music (used to like them until I heard the jackass lead singer speak)

Blackened peas should be banned internationally

Other "acts" that suck monkey balls are Justin beirber and mackemore.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

U2 and Coldplay are my obvious bands to trash, but I also have this thing called the U2 corollary. Basically it goes, if you have to actually listen to a band to explain to other people why you hate them so much, then you're better off just never explaining why Coldplay sucks in the first place.

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The Doors are actually OK in my book - I love their first 2 albums and then after that, I really don't listen to anything else they did but those first 2 albums are great.
    Completely agree with you on this one - I have never been able to get into the Dead.
    I actually hate to admit this but I love arena/corporate rock groups of the late '70s early '80s like Journey, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Kansas, Supertramp, Toto, etc. But I do understand why a lot of people do not like those groups, lol.
    I agree about this one as well. Outside of a handful of few songs there is not much in the KISS catalog that excites me.
    Well not only are The Clash vastly superior but John Lydon's (Johnny Rotten) post Sex Pistols band, Public Image Ltd. (PiL) is also vastly superior and one of the greatest post-punk bands of all-time...right up there with Gang of Four, Joy Division, Wire, The Fall, etc.

One band that I never could get into but they are far from being popular is Pavement.

18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

And all this hating on Slayer is tempting me to start listening to my favorite heavy metal bands - Slayer, Pantera, Sepultura, Anthrax, Metallica (early only), Tool, and maybe even Rammstein (I know they are more industrial but I am counting them!)

However, I can't stop listening to shoegazing (whether it is old or new) with the occasional forays into dub and free jazz.

The electronic music thread has me also wanting to start listening to some of the old Berlin school stuff as well as some good old Krautrock.

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Skrillex and all this other American brostep copycats.

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i dont really know anything about skrillex other than that he looks like corey feldman, but i heard an interview with him on howard stern a few months ago and he came off as a pretty down to earth, smart dude. worth a listen if you like hearing musician interviews. actually, any interview stern does with a musician is worth a listen, even if you dont like the artist.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V45mKrZz_bw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>