1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kevin Garnett loses his cool, headbutts Dwight Howard, gets ejected

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2015.

1. bongman

bongman Member

Probably best to keep all the opposing players away from each other regardless of intentions. Let the officials handle it. Although I love how Ariza put KG in a hold.

2. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

KG is just trying to stay relevant... His career is over and he is stuck in Brooklyn.

3. today

today Contributing Member

Was it cyber that posted about Garnett's "mental" issues? He cited the Hayes incident where Garnett thought Chuck was mouthing words, putting a curse on him. He then went to the Rockets' locker room after the game to fight Hayes. Also in subsequent games, Boston had a player who was in charge of standing between Garnett and Hayes so that Garnett couldn't see Chuck.

This was the first thing that came to mind when I saw Garnett get to the point where he "lost it".

Anyone think that Garnett will get suspended for landing the head butt? I would expect a 1 game suspension.

#163 today, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  4. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

To be fair a fan has never thrown a cup of beer at KG. Who knows how he would react.

5. Lando

Lando Member

Over throwing a real blow, yeah. Did Dwight get ejected? Okay then.

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I thought that was a joke article.

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

Just a few day after trashing Dwight, he said the following about Kobe:

Excuse my language, but that's (expletive)," said Durant, who congratulated Bryant via text message after he surpassed Jordan on Sunday. "I want to play with a winner every single night, especially somebody who wants to win that bad, who works that hard, who demands a lot, who raises up your level. I'd want to play with a guy like that every day. ... (His style) may make people uncomfortable, how he acts and just how he approaches the game, but I love that type of stuff. I think (the accusation) is BS."

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I really think KG was more mad at himself than Dwight to begin with for allowing him to get such dominant position .... He was about to get posterized and took a foul instead. It was almost like his manhood was in question or something .... that little love tap to the midsection from Dwight was enough to light the fuse.

I think KG gets suspended and its quite possible Howard does too ... Unless they deem his swipe at KG being a shove rather than a punch. His hand was open .... and others were grabbing at him but who knows what the league officials will see.
    If they think Howard was throwing a punch he'll be suspended , if they think he was pushing Garnett away he wont. We'll have to wait and see ....

Garnett will get a vacation for a couple games for sure.

9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said in the game thread, Dwight needs to deck one of these fools one good time and put this foolishness to bed. Not a b**** slap to the neck either but a good right hook to the head. Players have zero respect for Dwight, none. He's really just a gentle giant at this point. Knock somebody on their ass, I don't care if he gets suspended a few games for it. Stop being a pansy. The lack of edge I think is again a big problem with Dwight.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I was honestly hoping for it last night.

11. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

You may be thinking of me, I posted some stuff in the cyberx thread. I am neighbors with someone who has spent a lot of time through the years with Garnett (mainly in the Boston era). I have heard several stories that would support the narrative that KG has serious "mental issues." Like legitimate, undiagnosed, needs serious help mental issues...it is not an act.

Those of you in this thread who are saying he is a "fake tough guy" have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Not trying to be harsh, just being honest. Wish I could spend all day telling you what I have heard, but I don't have the time atm.

If I were Dwight, I would have been scared sh!tless. I'm sure he has heard many more tales than I have about KG, and he was smart to back away. Guy is a loose cannon on and off the court.

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

It looked like he initially was going to punch Garnett then changed his mind and ended up hitting him with an open fist.

I'd rather not see Dwight actually punch anyone. He doesn't need to do that to show "toughness". If he actually hit Garnett and gets suspended 2 games then we end up losing those two games, a lot of people here will be calling him an idiot for getting suspended.

There's other ways to show toughness and punching another player in the face isn't one of them. As a person who criticizes Dwight a lot, I respect him for not punching Garnett.

13. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I don't think Howard needs to really punch someone who punks him again like Garnett or Kobe (although in my heart I would like to see it) because we have no idea how the NBA will react. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 10+ game suspension on the next player that lands a clean headshot. The NBA really got anal about fighting after the Ron Artest incident.

I think the refs got the call correct last night. If Howard gets suspended for that open hand push/slap, I will be pissed. Garnett probably deserves a suspension for the headbutt and acting like a crazed animal for the few minutes afterwards, but I wouldn't mind if he didn't get suspended at all. Garnett is a fake tough guy. The whole incident was pretty minor, in the grand scheme of things.

14. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

ESPN just said Garnett has been suspended for one game and Howard was fined $15K. Not sure why Howard would be fined. Garnett was the instigator and Howard never really retaliated.

15. cheatpnz

cheatpnz Member

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The "slap" the throat region of Garnot.

17. MissouriRocket

KG is always been a fake tough guy. I sure the moment he gets clocked to the floor he be begging for help.

18. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I'm surprised dwight threw something back. Kinda gained a little more respect for him

19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

just one game...?

20. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

It cost him $15K too. I have more respect for players that know how to manage their money.