1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happened to Larry Sanders?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 3, 2013.

1. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

So how many injuries have happened this year during a Rockets' game?

Larry Sanders...
    Manu Ginobli...
    Boogie Cousins...
    Rudy Gay...

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Ouch! Didn't look that bad during the game.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So, i see somebody caught that thug Larry Sanders with a serious hook to the eye.
    I guess punks really do jump up to get beat down.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure that somebody was Harden, breaking Larry's face with his elbow.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

I thought trading for John Henson was a great idea in fantasy and he also can't stay healthy smh

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin
    James Harden
    Patrick Beverley
    Francisco Garcia
    Omer Asik
    Chandler Parsons

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources tell me that Bucks center Larry Sanders recently told some Bucks officials that he doesn't want to play basketball anymore.</p>&mdash; Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) <a href="https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/552202448161759232">January 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sanders, 26, is in the first year of a four-year, $44 million contract extension. He hasn't played in the last six games.</p>&mdash; Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) <a href="https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/552202754345533440">January 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bucks coach Jason Kidd had originally said Sanders had the flu. However, Friday he said Sanders' absence was because of &quot;personal reasons.''</p>&mdash; Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) <a href="https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/552203050195365888">January 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Some friends of Sanders told me last summer they were concerned Sanders wasn't committed to basketball and wanted to explore other options.</p>&mdash; Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) <a href="https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/552203342274121728">January 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It's hardly a secret Bucks have been trying to trade Sanders.Asked f the Bucks could trade Sanders now, an NBA official said: &quot;Good luck.''</p>&mdash; Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) <a href="https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/552203917636169728">January 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sanders had high aspirations for a big season but that hasn't materialized. He's averaging 7.3 points and just 6.1 rebounds.</p>&mdash; Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) <a href="https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/552205867970727936">January 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A Bucks official said the team had attempted to trade Sanders, along with Brandon Knight, to the Pacers last summer for Roy Hibbert.</p>&mdash; Gery Woelfel (@GeryWoelfel) <a href="https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/552206514300399617">January 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

#47 J.R., Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think the Cavs should try to get him. He was the best defensive big man in the league a few years ago.

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

I really hate players like this. All the opportunity in the world and he's wasting it.

11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Not even that surprising. It was the same deal with Andrew Bynum. Unlike most guards, who play basketball because they love it, big men are forced into the sport and bread to play basketball from a young age because they are so freakishly large. That, combined with the fact that being a big man is probably tougher and less fun then being a guard, leads to a lit of centers/forwards being forced to play basketball and never growing a passion or love for the game.

12. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

True but its still pathetic. If he plays out his 4 years and collects his $44mil he can do whatever the **** he wants to do with the rest of his life. what a waste....geez....

13. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Rockets to sign Sanders after being waived while the Bucks go on a 5-0 win streak decimating their opponents.

14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Yeah it sucks to the teams that commit so much to the players... but if he really doesn't want to play what are you going to do? Most of us are thinking "wow, what a p***y! I would do anything to be able to play basketball and get paid millions!" but thats because we like basketball. It would be tough to go through the work, toughness, and commitment of being a professional basketball player without actually liking the sport. That said, if he does quit, he may very well realize that basketball was his best option and regret his decision.

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure if he refuses to play it voids his contract, so it's not that big of a deal.

16. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Exactly, I'd hate to be a garbage man, but if someone offered me 44 mill over 4 years to be one I'd take it, I can live a lot happier in 5 years for a little suffering today.

How hard is it to spend 4 years of your life committed to something for a lifetime of opportunity/security, it's not that long.

17. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Yes this is correct technically:
    Link: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2010/03/bad_sports.html

But it's not hard to suit up everyday and play 1/2 assed or fake an injury. Outside of openly saying I don't want to play, making a scene on the court, or retiring a NBA player's contract is guaranteed.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Then stop accepting money and go do something else. No issues if he doesn't get paid for any games he doesn't play. So he gets about 1/3 of one season at $11m.

19. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

wants to work at KFC
    is he related?

20. Steve_Francis_rules

He's been in the league for years already and he was a first round pick. If he's even reasonably decent with his money, he can already go do whatever the **** he wants to do with the rest of his life, why waste four more years?