1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So why did we sign Josh Smith again...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

ESPN pretty much is the worst, most lowbrow analysis there is

2. CrashTheBoards

We hit the reset button. ANY games we win in the next month will be won solely on talent until guys learn how to play with each other. We have no chemistry right now and that is what lead to many of these turnovers (outside of the charges/offensive fouls and phantom back court violation).

This is what happens when you make a big signing in the middle of the season. Brewer has fit in nicely off the bench, but D-Mo can not play backup C. Teams bully him. Dorsey is not an NBA player.

3. CrashTheBoards

fixed

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

One game.

ONE game.

In San Antonio, a game the defending champs needed to stop their slide.

5. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

6. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

5 STAR THREAD

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

So now we're going to scapegoat Josh Smith for our losses?

We win as a team; we lose as a team. We're still trying to integrate the new guys. You expect us to have a spotless record the rest of the way?

8. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Smith was fine. He only shot 7 times.

Just a rhythm and chemistry issue. We need to go back to treating Donuts as our third option.

Harden turning the ball over like a madman doesn't help either.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that. Years ago when I would read it (late 90's) I want to say it was a bit better, but over the years it's basically become a gossip site.

10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

5 star comment.

The thread on the other hand... not close to 1 star.

[​IMG]

:(

11. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Really guys? Really?

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Terrance Jones worst game is better than Josh Smith's worst game.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

He fits perfectly with this particular roster... He just needs to give the ball up 100% of the time before he crosses half court... Then work to get it back at the top of the circle, where his skillset would be beneficial ..

14. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

But who would you have guard LaMarcus A and Blake G? TJ or JS?

15. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

How come you didn't say anything on his debut?

16. newAge_Rockets

Oh how I hate this board after losses. After one loss to the defending champs on their own floor and Smith is the root of all our problems, Harden should be traded blah blah. C'mon!!!

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I cannot understand how many here cannot understand that there really is not much to understand about the Josh Smith acquisition.

Allow me to hold your hand and walk you through this....

Say you have a college kid that needs a car. He has been managing without one but having one would clearly make things easier for him. Your financial situation dictates that you cannot afford one for him so you decide against it.

But then some idiot manager from Detroit who works at Ford offers to sell one to you for $2000 because it rolled off the factory line with alignment problems. You dont think twice about it. You buy it right away.

You buy it because it is not going to break your bank and if you can get the alignment straightened, you just got yourself a bargain!

If you cannot get the alignment fixed, you still have a serviceable car for only $2000 which you can continue using or just let it go without incurring any major loss at all. if you are smart, you might even turn it around for a decent profit.

Meanwhile, expect that moronic Ford manager to get canned soon.

But that's not your problem.

#117 Zboy, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I actually don't know why I'm replying to this thread because it's the very definition of knee jerk. But I just have to say...watch the guy play more than two games before starting a thread like this. The thread's foolishness is only surpassed by its lack of substance.

And FYI: for $2 mil, the guy would have to be beyond a disaster for the signing to have been a bad move.

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Josh Smith gets hated on for taking 21 shots (even though they were in the flow of the offense)

Next game... Josh Smith gets hated on for trying to reduce his shot numbers and instead look for teammates.

Next game... Josh Smith gets hated on for going 15-10-9 and not getting the triple double?

Geez some people on here need to be banned after games.

How many practices has the guy had with this team? I for one am glad he is looking to fit in with his new teammates and get them the ball (no matter how horrendous that passage of play was where he had the two straight turnovers)

I also only counted 2 long shots. Both wide open.

Apparently, if internet message boards are to be believed - Josh Smith before arriving in Houston used to take 18 30-foot turnaround contested jumpers each game.

So you're complaining about Josh Smith, when in actual fact he has been much better than advertised.

Keep on keepin' on OP.

Riddle me this though - where exactly is Terrence Jones leading you right now? Personally, I haven't seen him in a uniform for a very, very long time.

20. kpopy

kpopy Member

sorry to say this but this thread fails.
    why there are so many silly posts recently? because of Christmas? New Year? People's mind are going slow so not working properly??