1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ABOUT UNIFORM THREADS - PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jun 23, 2003.

1. DCballer

DCballer Member

The 15th is a date when people maybe able to find the logo around town. There is no official release date set. Tim has not posted anything that would say otherwise, and by the way, Tim is not my boss. Sorry Drew I can't e-mail it to you. First of all I don't have a digital camera right now. Second I really can't let this get into the wrong hands. Believe it or not, the media does watch this site.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ok, DCballer, if you HAVE seen the logo.... Instead of describing what the logo looks like (which we know you can't do). Let me ask you this. Do YOU personally like it better than our current logo and better than our old red/yellow unis logo?

And why the 15th date? What happens on the 15th. What is being released then? Merchandise?

3. wink2moochie

wink2moochie Member

you know whats happening on the 15th? probably a trade announcement or we trade before hand and we plan on introducing the new logos and players on the same night...wishful thinking o well it might happen one day

4. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Isn't the day you can officially sign FA's like the 12th or something? :confused: Close to 15th.

I wonder if it will be on TV. I will be away from a computer for a while during this time (6/11-6/18 I think), so if it is only on this site that the logo will be seen, I'm out of luck. :(

5. DCballer

DCballer Member

Yes it is much better than the current logo, 10 times better, hard to say about the old logo. The old logo has so much history with it. As far as the 15th goes there will not be any merchandise. Though I have some. Anyway, just wait ten more days and Im sure someone will have a picture of one of those things. That's all for now, I have to get to a party.

6. DCballer

DCballer Member

Real quick it will not be on TV or the radio, and the 16th is the day when free agents can be signed.

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

What's the point of having insiders if they won't leak any information? :rolleyes:

This board has really gone to hell. :p

;)

8. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

So it will be in the print media?

9. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

That sucks. Guess I'll have to wait till I get back from vacation to see the logo. Oh well. At least it is THIS month and not like one week before preseason or something.

Man, I was a little off on that FA signing thing. :)

10. adrian

adrian Member

DCballer, I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but what's your position with the Rockets?

Thanks, AC

11. ErdAza

ErdAza Member

I whole heartedly agree

12. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

I don't think there's any chance it can be worse than that dryly hideous retro logo of ours... *shudder*

Edit: Not talking about the current one. The word "retro" should make that obvious, but I just thought I'd make sure.

13. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Oh please please PLEASE!!!... Be WRONG about that (same ol plain font that is)... :(

14. Tim

Tim Member

I'm sorry, the second half of this is fiction. We still don't know what was on Badiane's hat -- at least I don't. My best guess would be one of the red "NBA" hats. Remember, ESPN and Stern didn't even know he was in the room, which might explain why nobody got him the correct hat, which would have been the blue one. To the best of my knowledge, the league didn't even have a sample hat with the new logo on hand.

Didn't mean to fuel any conspiracy theories out there -- I haven't talked about it because nobody has shown a picture of the front of the cap. It didn't seem like there was anything new to say.

My favorite post of the last 24 hours, by the way (besides all the people who said they were going to drive around town looking for the logo -- let no one argue that we have the best nutcase hardcore fans in the NBA, because that stuff is great) was the post worrying that we weren't marketing this right because Denver and Cleveland didn't have nearly as much anticipation and hype before their uniform and logo launch. Appreciate the concern, but, ummm .... I'm not even sure where to start responding to that, so I'll just let it lie. Most people understand the role of marketing. We WANT you to be talking about the team. We want buzz. Not ashamed of it. Not gonna hide it.

Tim

15. CRC

CRC Member

Tim, do you have any comments regarding DCballers statement that the 15th is a date when people may be able to find the logo around town?

16. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Hasn't that happened before? Like with the Mavericks last year? I could be wrong... and probably am, but I thought that's been done.

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I can't take it anymore. I'm almost at the point of looking around for the logo up here in Tulsa.

Friggin' "buzz"

Damn you all.

P.S. The Rockets got that platinum part from me. I remember back when Tim (I think) first posted that the uniforms were red and silver, I was the one who posted that they should be red and PLATINUM, just like that that, in all caps. Lo and behold, a few months later, they're suddenly calling them red and platinum. Am I gonna be thanked or, 'ahem', financially compensated for this?

#377 AstroRocket, Jul 5, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2003
  18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

thank you DCBaller, some of these rumors are out of hand.
    oh, and i will be expecting that new logo at my doorstep anyday now.;)

that's what I thought.

FICTION!!!!

#378 across110thstreet, Jul 5, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2003
  19. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Damn you Tim! ;)

What would be cool is to reveal a sliver of the logo. Perhaps the tip off the right corner. That way we at least have a tease. This is going to be a loooooooong summer.

20. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Dear Tim,

Show me the logo now before I wreck havoc on all yall b****es.

Sincerely Your #1 Rockets fan,
    Tony
    [​IMG]