1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Full Josh Smith Highlights from his Houston Rockets Debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did me make a 3?

He looks like a thinner Kenyon Martin with that headband in the interview

2. treeman

treeman Member

You know what I really like? All of these wins are coming on the road. That has got to scare the rest of the WC. And it's only going to get better from here on out.

I may be wrong, but I can't remember any Rox team having a better road win percentage at this point in the season.

3. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Haven't felt this excited since the prime Yao/TMac days...

1 person likes this.
  4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

feels good dont it
    [​IMG]

5. topinjs

topinjs Member

Seems like we have our second creator.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Did we even have homecourt in those days in the playoffs? We exceeded them days last sewson. Now it is as exciting as it has been since we got Chucky (and then Scottie, although with hindsight that sucked).

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

Meh, bricked couple of good looks, but offensive rebounds was crucial. Well played.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

How easily everyone forgets. We had home court against the Jazz. We also had home court versus the trailblazers when Roy was still playing.

The team when we got Artest and then Lowry was just as exciting as this one.

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

[​IMG]

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we also forget that Rick Adelman was a great who's going to the hall of fame too.

And we forget that Hakeem won the MVP

11. PeppermintCandy

Seems a little out of control, but given that he just joined this team, as good a debut as could be expected. Looking forward to see how this team now meshes.

12. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

He has a point though. As well as Josh Smith played today, moving forward, I hope he doesn't get used to taking 21 shots a game. It's refreshing to see fans with perspective instead of fans that worship and turn on players after each game.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That Artest team, it always felt inevitable that we'd meet the Lakers, and that they'd beat us, even without the injuries.

14. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

who'd you rather take( say 10) of his shots?

15. woket

woket Member

Agreed. Very classy and respectful responses from him.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his/her only perspective is that dmo's playing time might be threatened by josh smith

17. butterball

butterball Member

I didn't get to watch the whole game, but I was not prepared for that level of playmaking from him. All the threads I read about him talked about his defense, athleticism, inefficiency. It never once struck me that he could be the secondary creator on offense we had needed all along. I couldn't be more stoked with this acquisition.

18. roksoer

roksoer Member

It isn't about that, I'm not even mad but he did take a long 2 early in the shot clock and a contested 3 pointer, again early in the shot clock.

Those are plays where you'd rather see the team move the ball a bit first and try to get better looks.

He played very well though, if it weren't for a bunch of no calls and rimouts he'd have a more efficient 30 point game, he was really close to blocking some tony allen shots at the rim as well.

19. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Meh... I'll agree to disagree here... I mean, I appreciate Josh Smith in taking those shots, even though it may have been ALOT... About 3-4 shots were a bit questionable in my mind, had one airball, but he did a cannonball in the deep end of the pool... He had some guts tonight, as if he wanted to be part of a big three... He didn't shy away. That being said, if he took about 15 shot attempts, I'd be fine with that. If he was feeling it and shot it more, I wouldn't object, nor would Harden or Howard I would imagine.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

But he was complaining about bricking good looks. That means he was left wide open and he didn't force it.