1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith has agreed to sign with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bobbythegreat, Dec 24, 2014.

?

Do you like the move for the Rockets to sign Josh Smith at the bi-annual exception ($2.1M)?

1. YES

862 vote(s)
    94.8%
  2. NO

47 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Is wright eligible to be traded now?

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Looking ahead to the playoffs, we are tasked with 4 rounds of all star or HOF caliber power forwards. A PF rotation of D-mo and Kostas is not going to cut it defensively.

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Just limit Smith too 20-25min a game and have him focus on things he does best and Rockets just might have something........

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

With Smith, there would be no room for Wright, unless Motiejunas or Papanikolaou would be shipped out the same day.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Same with Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic.... were snubbed

6. CrashTheBoards

Get off your rag already.

He is a great passer, almost forgot about that.

7. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

Rep for the haiku

8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

same can be said about boris diaw....he is doing ok now

9. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

and u forgot about Brewer, throw him in there, best Defenses line up in the leauge

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

TJones - adequate player on Offense
    JSmoove - more than adequate player on Defense

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually Jones is more efficient on offense, but that's probably because Smith needs to shoulder more of the scoring for his teams. I think he is not going to help more than Jones on the offensive side.

Defensively, he is much better than Jones.

12. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

The only person who thought Smith, Drummond and Monroe would win together was Joe Dumars. However, he did carry the Hawks to multiple playoff runs as the number 1 guy.

13. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Just wake me up when we get Dragic.

Thanks.

14. CrashTheBoards

Question, when was the last time you remember dd and bobby being right about something?

How many times has morey been right about something. Arm chair gms are so annoying.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would still hold on to Terrence Jones as a major trade chip or rotation player later on.

Guy is still 22 and turning 23 next year (Born 1992)

He is already decent on Offense, can play a good role player. Has decent handles. Can make the occasional long range shot.

Can be better on Defense. Sure he will be working on it.

12-13 ppg player with 6-8 rpg and 1-2 bpg and steals

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Dig the anger and carefully waxed eyebrows.

17. callmened

callmened Member

but how will this effect Domo?

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Awww yeah its going down now. Welcome to Htown J - Smooth

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

No that wasn't the purpose of my question. I was wondering if wright could be traded now to the cavs. If he can't that's one less option for them which increases our possible chances of moving some of our players given the cavs urgency for bigs.

20. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I completely agree with you. Its not a cause for immediate celebration until we watch the chemistry. Will Smoove accept Harden's alpha considering he is a better defender than Harden? Were there ego issues and clashes in Detroit?

We already were one of the top defenses in the league (2nd if I'm not mistaken) and that was with Dwight out for most of the season. Saying that, watching the games (thank you NBA TV!!) this season has made me worry about heavy minutes for our guys. The West is so bloody strong that there has already been 2 triple overtime games (San Antonio) and we have gone overtime twice already with Sacramento and Denver. Its almost as though every game is a playoff game.

It seems like we are on overdrive and destined for playoff burnout or injury so this signing along with Brewer REALLY helps.

I'm worried about how Montejunas will feel though. The last thing we need is Donatas to request a trade just like Asik did. And I feel that Donatas is of much higher value than Asik was.

Guys, please don't joke about him getting "offended".

So the best case scenario is that McHale being a "players coach" actually helps Smoove fit into the Rockets easily. The worst case scenario is that there actually is damage to chemistry and Josh is made to sit out in the fourth quarters. Anyhow, he requested to be on a team that can start him, not finish with him on the floor. :)

Great signing, Morey!