1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Increasing Urbanization of the Toyota Center Entertainment Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aceshigh7, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

umm yeah Football is more rock, Basketball is more hiphop, its been like that for a while. It makes sense, football is hard hitting and in your face. Basketball can be smooth and some of the moves are like dancing. and you don't get that RPD video because its a parody off beyonce's video. news flash, everybody, including white people, LOVE hip hop. Go to an actual concert or if you are scared, go youtube live performances of somebody like Drake and you'll see the majority of the crowd

but how many people complain about Texans games being too "country" or too surburan with all the rock and country music? you don't, people who don't like that enjoy seem to enjoy it fine. i cant stand "ITS FOOTBALL TIME IN TEXAS" but it doesn't bother me that much where it ruins the game experience and I feel like I don't belong there lol.

MAN I CANT STAND ALL THIS CHRISTMAS MUSIC WHEN I GO INTO STORES. I'M NOT EVEN CHRISTIAN!!!! WTF?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Let it go, it's too far gone.

OP stepped up to the pulpit to deliver his message, and tripped and fell off the stage in the process.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Walking around Toyota center in the concourse, they have I think two or three DJs set up.
    Here are the two songs I hear. One DJ is playing the song from karate kid, you're the best around, and the other is playing a Diplo remix of Calvin Harris's sweet nothing.

I'm trying to track the music.

And they play the New York song for the all star game ballot thing.

And the rpd thing. All they're doing is doing their own version of the beyonce video. No harm in that. Other than the fact they everyone must get on their knees and give blowjobs to Beyonce it seems like.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The halftime show tonight was more urban than not.

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Booty Booty Booty Booty Bouncin everywhere

I fouuuuuuuuuuuund Yooooooooooooou Miss new Boooooooooty

6. dmoneybangbang

Apparently if you don't like rap and/or urban culture, you shouldnt be watching basketball, much less have an opinion. Otherwise, youre a racist and only like white people things.....

1 person likes this.
  7. rudan

rudan Member

The world is upside down, hip hop music is now pc music. Non pc would be classical, rock, country, oldies. No one is allowed to complain about hip hop. If you do, you are racist.

8. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

LOL, what a racist. I have a bunch of successful african-american friends, they're millionaires in fact. They're really into hip hop and "urban" culture. One of them is James Harden, another is Dwight Howard.

They don't care what poor people like you and your suburban friends think. It's called "sub"-urban for a reason, plebs like you are beneath them.

#288 ashishduh, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I think you just pointed out why people are upset at your post. Things are just things. They don't have to be "white people things" or "urban (black) people things." They are just things.

You don't like rap music? Just say you think they play too much rap music at Toyota Center. It's that simple. Nobody will get angry or call you a racist for that. You don't have to bring up your "successful black friends" or your unsuccessful white friends, or your semi-successful native american friends to make your point that you don't like rap.

I am not a huge rap fan myself. I like Metallica and Led Zeppelin, and loads of other music that you would probably describe as "white people things." But every time I hear a rap song, I don't start complaining that it is getting "too urban." If I hear John Denver, should I say it is getting "too mountainous"? Maybe next time they play Bob Marley, I will complain about "the increasing tropicality" of the Toyota Center.

1 person likes this.
  10. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Seeing these non-effeminate white girls being corrupted so easily must really piss off a racist like OP.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

just heard them playing tears for fears during a timeout at the game in dallas…..is the OP open to relocation?

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Just because you watch them on the TV doesn't make you their friends. Remember that before you go to their house at night Pakistani style.

13. dmoneybangbang

Look at the responses from the OP, people are assuming the OP must like heavy metal or country (traditionally white folk music). Why does successful friends mean anything? You just assume it must be racist?

I stand by my statement, people are too sensitive and ready to through the race card out.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The OP clearly implied that poor people like rap which was "black." But successful black people had better tastes in liking "white" music. I don't think he intentionally think this way. It's a subconscious thing that can be smelled miles away if you pay attention.

That said, I do agree that the PC bandwagon seems to go the other way. Whoever doesn't like hip hop is labeled racist. That's reverse racism.

15. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

the Space City Seniors hit that Shmoney Dance!!!

Now that was GOOD entertainment.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I hate the Space City Seniors, and Little Dippers.

Everyone flips their **** like it's the greatest thing they've ever seen. Wish someone would break their hip on the court.

Still hate pitbull.

It's not going down

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Waste of your keystrokes. I'm convinced some posters are being purposefully obtuse.

18. dmoneybangbang

It's a class thing. And yes rap is genre that is more associated with lower income, isn't that pretty obvious? They don't listen to Kid Rock at the country club either or Merle Haggard.

19. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Why you guys spend time talking about dumb **** like this? SMH

20. dmoneybangbang

Some posters just live in a PC world where they fear criticism or negative opinions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.