1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What'd I Miss?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rimrocker, Jul 2, 2003.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Dear BBSers,

I just got back from 3+ weeks in Arizona with little internet access... did I miss anything? Any thread in GARM worth reading? How about D&D?

Thanking you in advance,

rimrocker

2. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

25 uniform threads
    10 O'Neal threads
    7 Horry threads

Thats about it.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

My post in the "Dick V." thread of the NBA forum is worth a look I think.

Just kidding. Welcome back.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I was thinking about you rimrocker with the news of the big wildfire all over the news.

Good to have you back!

5. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Normally I deplore self promotion but in this case B-Bobs right, it's brilliant.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No, it's deplorable. I couldn't tell when a parody of self-promotion started and real self-promotion ended, or vice versa.

Anyway, rimrocker, were you working on that big fire? any photos this time?

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Thanks RM. I was on 3 different AZ fires, including the Aspen Fire outside of Tuscon. Very hot, very windy, lots of homes lost and not much we could do except retreat. At times, we were hitting 110 degrees or more at the lower elevations. It was so hot the urinal cakes in the portapotties (sp?) were melting during the day. On the whole, we're not in as bad a shape as last year, though a lot of folks are predicting California will be above average, which means more hot weather, gusty winds, and lots of homes in the woods.

Both AZ senators visited the fire and I was actually in a group photo with Senator Kyl. (I know that will tarnish my rep here on the board, but while at work, I am the typical nonpartisan bureaucrat.)
    Two things about McCain: He has to have his ear drained through a tube (I guess from where Charlie beat the hell out of him) and he had to get it done before we took him on a helicopter tour of the fire. He also has an eye for the ladies... there was a cute reporter covering their visit and McCain was checking her out in a major way. You could tell Kyl was wanting too, but he didn't let his guard down (much) and gaze the way McCain did. All in all, kind of humorous.

8. ErdAza

ErdAza Member

You might've missed the drunken squirrel fights in the alley by the 7-11