1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans make me appreciate the Rockets a lot more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Dec 14, 2014.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Zero idea who the bolded are. I guess they are involved in a garbage limited skill fake man sport like eggball.

Take this crap elsewhere. This the GARM for a real team like the Rockets and a real sport like basketball not about some team playing a joke of a sport.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

So did Jeremy Lin. To get rid of him.

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I read this. Rolled my eyes. Then thought about it some more and I have to say I agree.

I love the Rockets basketball is my favorite sport but I think having the Texans win the Super Bowl would mean way more. I'll settle for a conference finals appearance for the Rockets and then they can win the following year.:p ;)

4. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

This a million times over

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Texans have been unlucky. See Clowney.

But sometimes to be lucky, you have to be good and make good decisions. That's what the Texans haven't been doing in their history. They just make bad decisions.

While they seem to do well in the first round, they seem to struggle to get quality guys in the later rounds. They make bad off seasons signings (Ed Reed), give bad extensions (Cushing before he even came back from injury or Schaub) and don't extend players that are actually good (Barwin and Quin). Look how they handled the Clowney situation. Just horrible management.

I'm not saying the Rockets have been perfect either (See: Royce White, T-Will), but whenever they have made a mistake, they are willing to admit their mistakes and cut their losses. That is something the Texans aren't very keen to doing as they rather not admit any wrongdoings, which causes their mistakes to get even worst.

Its a shame that most Houstonians only care about football while the Rockets have been consistently good. Its a shame that it takes a 22 game winning streak or the playoffs to get the majority of Houston excited about the Rockets.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He would run all quarterbacks at every position. He would fine some type of stat and hail himself king.

7. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, GTFO. :p

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

In hindsight, the T-Will trade was definitely a mistake. But when that trade happened, I recall a lot of people rejoicing that Morey "was finally taking a chance to get a superstar."

What I'm trying to say is that, its hard to fault someone for taking a risk to find a "superstar" player, especially when the Rockets needed one and the city of Houston was practically demanding it (People were wanting Morey to be fired if he could not get a superstar player back then).

If your team was stuck in mediocrity (like the Rockets were post-Yao), wouldn't you want them to do something to get out of it? I know I would.

That's why I can't really fault Morey for trading for T-Will, drafting a huge risk in White or drafting Morris in front of Leonard, etc. T-Will, White and Morris all had a chance of being something very special, albeit a small chance, and Morey took a chance.

If any of those player turned out to be a star, people would be hailing Morey as a genius for those moves. Just like they are right now since Morey took a chance on Harden, D-Mo, Bev, Jones, etc.

1 person likes this.
  9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I think Leonard was on very few teams radar so I can't be mad at Houston for passing him over. The rest of those picks including the Royce White pick were jut your typical luck of the draw type of grabs - I wouldn't say the guys picked after were demonstrably better looking players at the time.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

You make your own luck and by that I mean you put yourself in a position for fortunate things to happen to you. If you walk down dark alleys all day long you'll eventually get mugged and that's bad luck but when you put yourself in that position too many times, I would say you created the conditions for your own bad luck....and that's the difference between the texans and the rockets.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

NBA fan calling out other leagues for being "fake man sports"? I'm calling foreigner on this one.

Do you live in Houston? What would you think of a Texans fan who claimed they didn't know who Yao Ming was and basketball was a sport of flopping, touch-foul officiating, and a marketing / hype machine?

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I follow the Texans too but can't agree with this. I don't know how it happened but the Texans who only existed for the last 12 years or so is Houston's most beloved team now days. I can't love a team more than a team like the rockets or Astros who I've grown up watching since 1988. I would take a world series or NBA championship over a super bowl any day. I think I would feel differently about football if the oilers were still around but not the Texans. They will always be my third favorite Houston sports team.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I live in mid town bro.

Eggball is not a real sport. Just roided up fatties beating each other up. Very limited skill required or tactics. Real sports are European football (Soccer), Basketball and the likes.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Why the hell hasn't Morey signed Watt yet? Ladies and gentlemen here is our real stretch 4.

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

THIS IS MY POINT!!!! Houston media shifts all the attention on the Texans, literally, the smallest event in a week practice turns into hours and hours of debate in the radio, meanwhile we have the Rockets over here just winning. Heard that at Boston this year during the beginning of NFL training camp there was very little talk about the Patriots all their attention was on the Red Sox. One of the main reasons I refuse to listen to 610 now. NO Astros, Rockets, Dynamo talk all Texans, even in March.

16. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I live in SF as well. Come hangout at McTeague’s. It's a Texans/ Rockets bar.

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

SF? Are you kidding me? Those people are baseball-obsessed- went there in August and all you could see was Giants gear. That was before they won the Series.

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

lol no kidding. Sad 2011 was our only major threat at going for a Super Bowl until Matt Schaub got hurt

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

really really hope youre just trolling fam :cool:

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

The Texans are trash organization. They have one awesome player Jj watt and star rb foster. Up and coming wr Hopkins. Beyond that they've been cursed since selecting boselli in the expansion draft