1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Harden, Howard, and Motiejunas' big three potential?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Dec 13, 2014.

?

What potential do you see?

Poll closed Dec 20, 2014.
  1. None

35 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. Same as Howard, Harden, and Parsons

50 vote(s)
    15.1%
  3. Greater than with CP, but not by much

86 vote(s)
    25.9%
  4. Significantly greater than with CP

161 vote(s)
    48.5%
  1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Who's Phil Jackson ?

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

The question was what's their potential?
    Still don't think we're title contenders if Dmo keeps it up although we do get a lot closer.
    I mean the spurs 3rd and 4th best player is two of Leonard Parker Duncan and ginobili, not to mention Splitter. We can't say Dmo is better than Ibaka. Clips have Crawford and Jordan which ain't bad. Bogut? Batum?
    We should be very happy Dmo is stepping up, but we love our rockets, and a team like OKC is just as excited about a Reggie Jackson, and golden state is just as excited about Draymond Green.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was very skeptical of DMo prior to this season.

While he may not be a better player than Parsons he is better for this team than Parsons. I was a big supporter of keeping Chandler and I was wrong on that one.

With Howard and Harden being guys that we can count for offense the team was in danger of being able to do nothing when those guys have to be out of the game.

Now with DMo, we have a legitimate scoring option on the floor. Feed him in the post, and there's a good chance of coming away with a basket.

Add Howard on the floor and when they send their best post defender at Howard, then DMo can mop the floor with the guy they put on him. He's saved us and been the stabilizer we've needed many times this year.

4. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

He's off the table. Always was. Morey knows what he's doing.

5. callmened

callmened Member

love DMo and im impressed with his improvement however im not sure they can both play vs teams that use stretch 4s

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Brah I've been riding DMo's dick since his rookie season. Mcfail had him shooting 3s exclusively. LMAO

7. cml750

cml750 Member

Good post FB. I agree with everything but your first sentence( I have always thought DMo had potential). I too thought they should have kept Parsons and I was wrong. It is great having a solid post player on both ends of the floor like DMo. I wish they would have given DMo more of chance in the Portland series last year. I think he would have really helped and could have slowed down LMA quite a bit.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I wanted the Rockets to draft him the year before he entered the draft but I had began to doubt my hype last year, I always thought Dragic and dmo could be our Nash and Dirk (I know their games are different), I was very sad to see Dragic go. I'm starting to believe in dmo as a future star again and I think if we added Dragic and kept Dmo along with our other starters, we would be the best in the league.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Donatas Motiejunas will never achieve greatness until he achieves the appearance of greatness.

And the appearance of greatness looks like this:

[​IMG]

The mustache+mullet combo is what a great Lithuanian player has to look like.

10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

The Tennessee tophat does push Dmo to greatness. Like the beard does for harden.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Outside of Anthony Davis, Dmo is the best young up and coming big in the league.

DD

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I like the tho't but I suspect the Greek Freak might be ahead of our man, Donuts.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. cml750

cml750 Member

I think Dwight needs to grow a beard. With Harden, DMo, and Dwight having beards, they could be called the Killer B's. ;)

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Davis is already there.

Andre Drummond ahead of him and then I guess you could say D-Mo. Good big men are heard to find.

Also Giannis is not a big, he's just a really long wing player. Even though he has the length to play in the post his game is that of a wing player still and who knows if that will ever change.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

When you say exclusively, do you mean 90% of his shots las year were threes?

17. omgTHEpotential

Drummond?................. You mean the guy who has no offensive game and really sucks on defense? Oh that guy. Yeah, he's great.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yall gonna learn. 21, he's going to get there. Just like I said with Cousins.

19. omgTHEpotential

Cousins is a completely different animal. He was already highly skilled big offensively, just had some mindset issues. Drummond is a glorified DeAndre Jordan minus the defense.

20. treeman

treeman Member

I can't help but think this thread and the posts in it are a bit... premature. But I for one am very happy to see Dmo move past the whole "lost little puppy" thing. He looks hungry, he looks serious, he looks like he wants to kick someone's a$$, and he looks confident that he can do so.

That is a very good thing, even if he isn't our ultimate answer to our PF woes.

1 person likes this.