1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. CertifiedTroll

I used to want Carmelo, wanted him more than Bosh. But seeing how much of a bamf Harden is playing like, I really dont want Melo. Would much rather Bosh at this point.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hear you,but I don't think about either Bosh or Melo.
    They can't handle the pressure of being a leader.

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

I don't want Carmelo....he and Bosh can go f themselves

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

man I would have love to have used the TPE for Garnett but wont be possible its too small and the Rockets do not have the pieces to get Garnett otherwise unless its a 3 team but even then would probably have to give up Terry or Kostas in the process. As much as I got tired of his antics I think Garnett would be a great teacher of defense to the big guys and has enough in the thank to provide a solid 10-15 minutes of play a night.

But if not him then I would like to get the TPE to use on the following guys:

Landry (only problem is he has 2 years left remaining on his deal after this year)
    Chuck Hayes (doubt Toronto trades for just cap relief would need to throw in a 2nd at least and not sure if they want to tinker with a winning team at the moment)
    Marvin Williams (has another year left on his deal)
    Illyasova - also 2 years left after this season
    Wilson Chandler

Hopefully Morey is able to make a move by the 19th to help give this team immediate depth and keep things flexible at the deadline

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

So wouldn't place that they aren't the leader ideal?

6. markelliott1997

Could Wilson possibly be able you start at power forward? He is 6'8" and he is a decent rebounder. I feel like he could come and play a big role while allowing DH12 ample space.

7. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

yeah he can play 2,3, or 4

8. markelliott1997

9. The Stig

The Stig Member

One year deal for Amare next year? Scoring punch off the bench unless he's healthy enough. Wonder what he would go for...?

10. wadero

wadero Member

Houston native Jimmy Butler for our first and Pelican pick.

11. CertifiedTroll

At this point, the bulls are in the play offs and he is there best player. I doubt it would get this done.

12. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Trade exception for jr smith

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I will give up a second round pick (probably from the Terry deal) + either Dorsey or Daniels for NOP's Ajinca.

Basically Ajinca is being the backup of Asik and playing very limited time this year but he still will be an upgrade over Dorsey and Black. New Orleans does not have any first round picks last and this year, they will be happy to get even a second round pick.

14. basketballholic

I'm with you on that. But I don't think Pels would give up Ajinca. I'd take either Ajinca or Withey for that deal. But not Daniels.

15. fattz

fattz Member

He fit / fills in nicely now and when everyone returns. Think Ariza, their very much the same in stats but I think WC plays a little bigger though.

16. newAge_Rockets

I actually like this trade a lot. Knicks probably wanna dump salary and tank. JR could be a great 6th man. Very attainable, very high reward, not an overwhelming contract.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Afflalo could be a really nice pick up.

I also like the JR Smith idea. He's a knucklehead, but he could be a great contributor on this team. I could see him showcasing his talent so he can opt out at the end of the year for a longer term deal.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Carmelo reminds me of T-Mac. Do not want.

19. newAge_Rockets

I don't know why you guys are even talking about Melo. He has a no trade clause that he wouldn't waive to come live in (God Forbid) Texas

20. craguin

craguin Member

Afflalo is a better fit, don't you think?

[​IMG]