1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/10/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Yeah they probably picked the game for their tv schedule as soon as the schedule came out and thought Lebron was gonna be there. They should have picked this game though for sure. Guys I found a website that streams all the games live.

Here it is if anyone is interested:
    http://nba-stream.com/

I still feel like we need a trade and soon. I am thinking that we can grab Monroe or Mozgov with the trade exception. Rumor is the Rockets want to make a deal by December 19th.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Warriors are the best team in the NBA?
    I don't see that in a 7 game series against San Antonio or OKC. I am not even comfortable they beat the Clippers or Rockets.

The Rockets are short on depth and were without Howard, Jones, Papsmear or Canaan. Hell Johnson was in the rotation out of necessity.

Time will tell but I saw nothing that made me think a healthy Rockets team cannot beat them, especially with the Rockets likely to add rotational talent.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If the Rockets were healthy would you believe the Warriors were the better team?

4. elainas

elainas Member

Play rush D on 7.3 man rotation is much harder than on 9 -10 simple as that, by the way - we play on best record team, on road. Be fair, when healthy we stonger and move on.

5. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Have you watched any Warriors games this year (I mean besides this one)? You underestimate the importance of Bogut. He basically runs the point from the top of the key. Serious.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, Kenny Smith never gives the rockets prop, none of the guys on TNT/NBA TV do.

Kenny asks whose in the MVP discussion. Curry, Lebron, Anthony Davis. Harden not even a mention even though it was pretty clear who was the best player on the court tonight.

I love how the Warriors get all the credit for beating us injured but we don't get credit for beating injured teams (Oh, they were hurt.) but we are only a good win to these guys when we lose.

On Warriors. "And they are doing this with no Bogut and No Lee!" Yeah, I'm sure Rocket fans are impressed...

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Man why I hate Dwight so much....even though I clearly know he is injured...

8. downbytheriver

Lol @ little girls like you constantly crying about national media. Who. Cares.

Warriors and Clips are two teams we struggle against - because of how athletic they are. Even when we are fully healthy I wonder if we can stop them from executing. Bad match up, not sure how much bringing in Corey brewer will change that.

9. CrashTheBoards

I care about his post more than yours.

1 person likes this.
  10. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

@Downbythedriver rumor is that the Timberwolves have rejected our trade offer for Brewer. So we are gonna have to move on to some other target.

11. Nook

Nook Member

:rolleyes: I have watched over a dozen of their games. I am very familiar with Bogut and what he does and does not bring. I am also familiar with Dwight Howard and know he is a vastly superior player.

GS is a good team, but I have seen nothing that leads me to believe the Rockets cannot beat them in a 7 game series.

12. CrashTheBoards

No howard
    No jones
    No canaan (even though mchale would not have played him)

And you think we would struggle against the warriors because they are so athletic. Bogut and lee are athletic guys, but jones and howard cant jump at all.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's called a forum and I'm here to post things. Get over it. LOL @ little girls like who whine and cry about what people post. Who. Cares.

You also have no idea what you are talking about. The Rockets have owned the Warriors when healthy. Warriors are not a bad match-up at all, read this thread. Not many people actually think the Warriors are a bad matchup for us. Not sure where that comes from.

14. callmened

callmened Member

GREAT GAME. houston at full strength beats the warriors

15. downbytheriver

Cause you're just as insecure, good for you kid...

16. CrashTheBoards

It was a layup drill the entire fourth quarter. It would have been much closer with one of dwight or jones.

17. Nook

Nook Member

The Warriors are not a bad match up for the Rockets when both teams are 100%. The Rockets were down 4 rotation players coming into this game and had no business being ahead going into the 4th quarter.

18. CrashTheBoards

Everyone just scrolls down when they see it is you posting. At least he actually posted something and not some crappy opinion about how the warriors are too athleic for the rockets and thats why they are better than us. Tell me how we fared against them when healthy. This should be good.

And calling me a kid, alright old man.

19. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

The Warriors has been the best team so far this season, probably will be for the remaining of the REGULAR season IF Bogut can stay healthy.

One thing you missed is that they missed two of their starters. While Lee averages 20/10, but more importantly, the Warriors ran almost all of their offense through Bogut so far this season, so missing him really hurts them on both ends, especially to Curry & Thompson who normally got a lot of open shots with Bogut's passing.

But for playoff, I'm not sure yet. The Warriors don't have much post scoring, which is the most important part of the playoff games.

20. downbytheriver

Posters on here aren't exactly basketball experts , they wanted to match parsons and waive DMO a few months ago. Just because a healthy sf vs a healthy Hou is not a good match up for us, doesn't mean we can't win. Just have to come up with plays more complex than three point chucking and find ways to deal with athleticism.