1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You trade Dwight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ranny, Dec 9, 2014.

1. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I wouldn't trade him for anybody out there. Absolutely not for anyone. Retooling all the time takes us back and I know that as a teammate, the guy has absolutely no character issues at all. He's the perfect fit when he's healthy. I just hope he gets back soon. If he wouldn't have been out, we'd have two losses at most.

2. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

everyone hates dwight and houston, nobody will trade for him. and we don't need to trade him. Dwight we need dwight more for his defense than his offence. We have plenty of good shooters. Everyone on our starting 5 can shoot the ball if you count dmo where Tjones is. Having our center not taking as many shots isn't that crucial when we're an outside shooting team to begin with.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

for anthonydaviskevindurantlebronjamesstephencurryandrewigginsyeaIguessIprobablywould

4. SemisolidSnake

No, I wouldn't trade him. After how hard we pursued him, we'd lose all deal-making credibility for as long as Morey was GM or maybe even as long as Les owned the team. Zero potential for us ever getting another star to sign with us.

My gut just says that he needs to be allowed to get healthy and reworked in the offense to be more effective. I'd say the Rockets still haven't figured out how to consistently use him. It's clear that D-Mo has inherited the Hakeem post moves, not Dwight, so I'd restructure his game so he can still be an elite defender but have different avenues for scoring. And assisting to the outside scorers from the inside. A healthy Dwight defending well and really generating significant points efficiently is absolutely a huge win for us. I just don't see the chemistry as part of the overall team that I'd like to see right now, though.

And, of course, every Dwight post has to end with this: If he doesn't learn how to make free throws (even 65% would be immensely helpful), he's not going to be the killer factor that we're paying for. Also, if the modus operandi of his defenders is to hard foul him before he gets to the basket, he's going to suffer even more injuries as they just whale on him every night.

5. hopn

hopn Member

I was thinking the same thing.

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Yes, I would take Cousin because New Orleans is not giving up the Unibrow! I would also take Atlanta's Horford and Milsap.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Also, Dwight has to know that his post up game is hurting the team and he would be a killer on PnR, which opens up the 3 point shooting more. I think he's selfish and doesn't want to win by sacrificing his post up touches. This ins't the late 90's early 00's. Cmon Man!!!

8. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

If he chooses to opt out in his contract would you resign him?

9. dmoneybangbang

Marc Gasol. I'd prefer him over Howard at this point in their respective careers. However, Howard can still be a beast when fully or nearly healthy?

10. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

Never going to happen but...

Noah + Butler for Howard.

Just cause this line up wouldn't give up more than 60 pts a game.
    1. Harden/Butler
    2. Butler/Harden
    3. Ariza
    4. DMo
    5. Noah
    6. PBev

Or if the rockets wanted to go super young.
    Wiggins + Dieng + picks/pieces for Dwight

Harden and Wiggins could terrorize the league for many years to come.

I would also trade Dwight for Blake Griffin straight up.

11. Ranny

Ranny Member

Interesting to see all your opinions guys. I agree with most of you that for me it would take Davis or Durant to surrender Howard. But realistically if we had to get rid of him who knows what we could get for him right now given that his stock maybe lower than he really is worth.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

2 months ago the only guys I'd trade him for wouldn't happen... Curry, KD, Bron, Davis....maybe a couple more that their present team wouldn't dream of trading them....

Now with this 'bone on bone' talk I'd be more receptive to entertaining offers... Cousins, Blake Griffin, Noah would now be real considerations as a centerpiece... but I'd still be looking for a sizeable return...

I'd eat his contract before trading him for pennies on the dollar, due to perception of future free agents...

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

Would Philly do Wroten and Embiid for Howard?

14. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I agree. All dwight has to do is acknowledge that he is better at the PnR than in the post! Anyway, you don't get that many highlights in with his hook shots. He gets them by jumping very high, ripping down the basket, changing shots, and blocking the ball into the stands!

15. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Trade Howard + Harden + Canaan + Terry for Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka

Trade NOP Pick for Koufos

Beverly/Johnson
    Durant/Ariza
    Westbrook/Papa
    Koufos/DMO
    Ibaka/DMO

BOOM

:rolleyes::confused::p:grin:

16. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

neither team would do it. Rockets are trying to win and sixers are trying to lose. This trade would do the opposite for both teams.

17. lalala902102001

If the news with Dwight's knee being bone to bone is accurate, he may have just become untradeable with his contract.

18. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Then our dwightmare just got real

19. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

no. no. no.

20. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

u so bad. With my certified meds today I appreciate u ! goo goo gooo go rockets...at least i'm tryin................................................